Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Day 9 Fat Free

Day 9

Fat Free

Wow, we’re almost in the double digits here! Very nice! Day 9 is coming to a close and I couldn’t be happier with the way things are going. Despite obstacles that normally send me spiraling out of control, I’m going strong! I’ve heard from so many friends and family that are doing the same thing and reading this blog everyday. Congratulations! That’s what this blog is all about. In one week I weigh in and I can’t wait! I already feel better and can already tell that I’m losing weight.
This morning I shared the web address of this blog with my morning show listeners. I’ve always been real personal on the air, but this was a new level of personal. And it was good! I started by saying that I wasn’t trying to sell anything or endorse any product. I simply wanted to share my daily progress on my weight loss. Usually when someone on the radio starts talking about losing weight and feeling great, you can be pretty sure that credit cards are accepted and an operator is waiting on the other end of a toll free number. But not this morning. Just me being very honest and real. It was a good thing.

Yesterday I shared a story about breaking a chair when sitting down for a big job interview. I just want to tell you, although it wasn’t very funny to me that day, it made me laugh out loud last night recalling the details. Two people have mentioned that story to me today and both friends expressed sympathy and sorrow for such a horrible experience, and I told them…”yes, it was horrible that day, but now---I laugh out loud remembering that interview”. I sincerely appreciate their feelings about it, but come on friends---That’s comedy gold! You know the old equation: Tragedy plus time equals comedy! It’s so very true.

I’m getting more and more calorie conscious as the days go by. What I mean is, I’m starting to remember the calorie counts of most things I like to eat. If I can’t find it on a label, I can find it on the web! I don’t like guessing! Accuracy is important to me, not only to make sure I don’t go over my limit, but to also make sure I don’t go under! Eat those calories! They don’t roll over to the next day! They’re yours for today and today only! Why is it important? Well, first of all, I’m not a nutritionist or a doctor, but I’ve studied enough information on metabolism to know that the metabolism needs fuel to work. If you don’t eat enough you might be slowing down your metabolism and that makes it harder to lose weight. Skipping breakfast is not a good idea. Giving the metabolism a wake up call every morning is something I do with real fruit flavored oatmeal. It’s real good and it’s real cheap! I can buy two workweeks worth of breakfast for two bucks. Twenty cents a day! That’s affordable! Somebody mentioned my consumption of non-dairy coffee creamer today. And yes, I use it every morning in my coffee. And I’ve never worried about those ten calories per teaspoon. Some things you shouldn’t give up! That’s the beauty of counting calories and exercising. You don’t have to sacrifice the things you love---You can have anything within reason. I don’t buy or consume fat-free stuff. Yuck! Are you kidding me? Fat free cheese should be against the law. The Fat Free boom in the United States has made billions for companies all over the world. I’ve never understood how something that taste so horrible can still sell! My philosophy on the whole Fat-Free subject is real simple: In most cases, I would rather have a small portion of the real thing, then a big portion of the fat-free version. I think it’s funny when companies put Fat-Free on the label of foods that have always been fat free! Marketing, marketing, marketing!

I’ve been drinking more and more water and flavored water. I still enjoy a diet soft drink from time to time, in fact Coke Zero is in our fridge right now. I don’t drink real pop anymore. That may sound contradictory to my last paragraph, but let me explain. Pop is just pure sugar. It’s empty calories that add way up over the course of a day. Does it taste better? Yes, yes it does. But it’s not worth the investment of my calories…ever. That’s just me. If you’re counting calories too and at the end of the day you have a couple of hundred calories left and you want to drink a can of Coke, that’s fine. I just can’t. I seriously would like to stop drinking even the diet sodas…Maybe I will in time. I always remember--one day at a time, and this was Day 9. Another successful day of losing weight and feeling great is in the books. Day 10, here we come!

Good Choices,
Sean

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you 100% about not giving up the things you love when "dieting." I have a tablespoon of creamer in my coffee every morning. If that's the only sweet I have that day (it usually isn't), that's fine, but I won't go without it.

    I have been following your blog for a few days now. It actually came up in the search results for Domino's Pasta Bread Bowls! Congratulations on your weight loss thus far and I look forward to seeing you reach your goal!

    P.S. I'm in the process of losing weight, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'll ever be able to give up diet soft drinks. I've tried in the past, but man they quench my thirst better than even water. It's horrible, I know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't easy! There was a time when I couldn't imagine giving up Coke. I did--and it's something I've never picked up again. I guess I traded my Coke for coffee... Because let's be honest--it's all about the caffeine! :)

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.