Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 128 Becoming The "Jared" of Blue Bunny and Re-Affirming The Mindset

Day 128

Becoming The “Jared” of Blue Bunny and Re-Affirming The Mindset

On this eve to a monumental weigh day, I did drink more water, I did keep my calories perfect, and I did get a great workout in at the Y. I'm going to try to get a workout in on my lunch hour tomorrow too. It's one last chance to boost my results on the scale come tomorrow afternoon. I'm looking forward to it, but at the same time I'm full of anxiety. But I've decided, whatever happens, whatever it says, I'll be happy and thrilled to be further along this journey and I'll dig in and keep going strong. It's all about attitude and mindset. I know this. I'm going to be fine, real fine no matter what.

Remember my day 124 blog about my unhealthy relationship with cereal and ice cream. I wrote about how I use Blue Bunny Ice Cream Star Bars and Dream Bars to satisfy that obsession, without breaking my calorie budget. Well it caught the attention of someone at the advertising agency for Blue Bunny Ice Cream. I received a message on the “global” version of this blog. The Blue Bunny advertising rep congratulated me on my weight loss so far and recommended I join the iScream Team to get valuable coupons on Blue Bunny products. I sent a reply thanking him for the comment and I reminded him that anytime Blue Bunny was ready to make me their “Jared,” just let me know! It's really not a bad angle to take with an ad campaign. So many people are convinced that in order to lose weight you have to give up the things you love the most. I'm proof positive that you can still enjoy your favorite Blue Bunny Ice Cream treats and lose weight! While our country is facing obesity issues in epidemic proportions, more people are trying to lose weight, and many are doing it without some of their favorite treats. Reminding them that Blue Bunny is something you don't have to give up is a great idea. OK, my pitch is over, hope he reads that. How's that for thinking outside the box? The idea of an ice cream company promoting ice cream products as an acceptable addition to a weight loss plan, crazy huh. Crazy enough to send Blue Bunny sales through the roof! OK, I'm really done now. Back to reality...

As I trucked along on the treadmill tonight, I looked to the mirrored wall and noticed my profile. Wow, it's not too bad, I've really come a long way baby! I usually try to block out that entire “wall of reality,” because I just naturally have avoided mirrors for so long. But I was very happy with the difference I noticed in my profile. It was just another positive confirmation of my hard work. I'm really happy with what I'm seeing and doing. And every time I easily click my seatbelt, I think of that motorcycle cop that pulled me over when it wouldn't fit (read Day 25 “Mentally Ready and The McSeatbelt”). I want to find that officer and show him, “see, it fits! I told you I was working on it!” Of course I wasn't really when that happened, but I got busy a short time later! I'm finally in the habit of clicking it every time I drive now. I can't count how many family trips we've made that started with me requesting all seatbelts be fastened when I knew I couldn't do mine. Every one was protected but me, because mine wouldn't fit. It's such a great feeling to be able to click it too!

I've talked many times on the importance of mindset. But occasionally I have to remind myself of the powerful effects of a mindset decision. As I approach some major milestones on this journey, I have my mind set to power past them. I will not stop and celebrate. I will pause for just a second and acknowledge the accomplishment, and then cruise right on to the next one. I will not use my accomplishments to justify a binge as I've done in the past. I will not go over my alloted calorie limit in the name of “I'm doing so great.” How crazy is that anyway? But it's something many people do. “When I lose X amount of weight, I'm gonna eat two fully loaded nachos, a whole order of fried mushrooms, and a gallon of ice cream.” “It'll be OK, because I'll be celebrating!” No, it's not OK! But I use to do that all the time. And it would completely derail me every time.

Wish me the best for tomorrow's weigh-in. I'll once again be sending out the mass text update shortly after the results. If you've received these before, then you're on the list, if not, and you would like to receive the update, just let me know and I'll send one your way. It's been a great day on many different levels. I feel like I might be pleasantly surprised at tomorrow's results, I certainly hope so! Until tomorrow evening, good night and...

Good Choices,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.