Friday, October 9, 2009

Day 389 Opening Night of a Dream Realized

Day 389

Opening Night of a Dream Realized

I didn't really get nervous until right before “lights up” tonight. I had a nice calm about me as I prepared to make my theatre stage debut. I really called on my experience preparing for stand-up shows, I knew that part of my life would pay off eventually! I would have been a little more rattled had we not rehearsed so much. We were ready tonight. Everyone was just outstanding. That's what is so cool about this play, working with so many talented individuals. Linda Cowley, Carol Harris, Amy Muegge, Jose and Isaac Cervantes, and Lauren Donahue, they're all veteran actors! How can you go wrong surrounded by all of that talent? I've learned something so far from each one of them. And I'm honored that they've welcomed me in such a wonderfully warm way.

I'll get some of the official play photos e-mailed to me. I thought I could just right click and save them from a friends facebook photos, but when I tried to upload them, they were too tiny. I'll get that figured out over the weekend and post some bigger pictures. I did scan in my picture and bio from the actual program. I'm posting it below. I feel so amazing having done this production. It really is something I always wanted to do, and something I couldn't do at over 500 pounds. The crowd giving all of us a standing ovation tonight and all of us bowing together, wow, it was a moment I'll never forget.

I know that it probably seems like I've turned this blog into the “Call Me Henry” blog, but make no mistake---this is a weight loss blog. And experiences like this are what it's all about my friend. Breaking free from morbid obesity and really living the dreams and aspirations we once thought impossible, it's the most amazing thing. Soon the play will close and we'll get back to business as usual around here.

As Jack Sh*t mentioned in his comment on last night's blog, there's still work to do! The eye is on the prize, I'm going all the way! I have just under 60 pounds to go to reach my proclaimed goal of 230. We'll see what weight training has to say about that number—But you can bet, regardless, I'm getting to 230, that goes without saying!

Thank you for reading and thank you for all of the wonderful support and understanding! Goodnight and...

Good Choices,
Sean

Photobucket
From The official program of “Call Me Henry.” More pictures from the production coming soon!

16 comments:

  1. It has been fun to work with you. Weight loss blog? How about how just being around you I find my self aware of my own calorie intake. I have never done that before! Just through the last 4 weeks I have lost 8 lbs. The only thing I did was take a look at the calories and say "Do I really want this 480 cal Honey Bun?" You help people with this Blog and your inspiration is contagious! I hope to get under 220 for the first time in 10 years thanks to you!

    You failed to mention you received a Standing Ovation tonight. One of many in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Sean, I am so happy for you! Congratulations on a dream come true! You deserve this! By the way, I know Irene wasn't overly happy about you shaving the goatee, but you honestly look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a great photo for the program! Congratulations! I'm sure it was a brilliant evening! Still miss the goatee...(Irene owes me $5 now). Hope things are going well at home. We are still praying! Miss you. Blessings--Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on getting through the first night - the rest will be a breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Oh Boy do you look GOOD!!!

    There is no stopping this metamophosis !!!
    Sean Anderson You Are FABULOUS.

    Love and Prayers Surround you and your Family

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy moly do you look thin in that picture! How did the shirt tugging/tucking business go?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy for you. It's so wonderful you made one of your dreams come true. Loved reading your bio too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are living the life! I hope to accomplish all my dreams someday...of weight loss and of writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on a fabulous debut!
    The program picture looks amazing. :)

    Glad you've enjoyed the experience so much.
    Best wishes on continued success.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picture and congratulations on making your dream a reality. Isn't it wonderful how when you grab a hold of life, it grabs on to you too. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sean you look SOOOOOO good in that pic! What a handsome guy!!!!

    - Lisa
    http://inweighovermyhead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there Hottie!! Kudos to you Sean for going after a dream and making it come true. That's inspiring me more right now than even your amazing weight loss!! I've been thinking about what kinds of things I'd like to do when I feel "normal" enough to do them...I need to make a list!! So, so proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad that all went well on your opening night!! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. COngratulations Sean. You have worked hard for opening night...and on your weight loss. Be proud my friend be proud. I cannot wait to hear more about it and to continue to watch your journey!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.