Saturday, October 25, 2008

Day 40 My Imaginary Gym

Day 40

My Imaginary Gym

For me Day 40 is a real nice milestone. A few days ago I described a Day 40 Thanksgiving meltdown from 1996. I never made it to day 41 back then, but I am now! No meltdowns to report. I've kept my calories down as planned with zero trouble. It's been fairly easy. I couldn't imagine being totally incapacitated and stuck in bed 24 hours a day. After 10 or 12 hours, even our big comfy bed gets a little irritating. It's nice to grab a little time on here and write a little. I know I've got to get back in there and elevate! But there's no way I'm missing a day of this blog. Even if I couldn't, I think I would have someone write it for me as I spoke it. It's just that important to me.

I'm really looking forward to the OSU-Texas game tomorrow. Both teams are undefeated and Texas is #1 in the nation, with OSU not far behind. That's what I'll be doing tomorrow afternoon. Elevating and watching football! I'm a very lucky man! Go Cowboys!

I did some exercises tonight while laying down. Some leg lifts and some arm whirls. If you do it long enough, it really gets tiresome and feels like a workout. I felt the burn! I also lifted some imaginary weights. Stay with me here...Imaginary weights. A local chiropractor showed me a technique where you simulate the resistance without using actual weights. You simply use your muscles against themselves. It's really hard to explain, but it works! I'm pretty sure it works. It feels like it might work. Of course it works. I just don't know if I could do it in front of anyone, I might look a bit silly. I better get back into bed. I miss the Y and the trail! I'll be back at that Tuesday! Day 40 has been a success despite my downtime. I'm healing though, and that's the most important thing during these four days! So good night and...

Good Choices,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.