Monday, November 23, 2015

November 23rd, 2015 Couldn't Ask For More

November 23rd, 2015 Couldn't Ask For More

As we close in on Thanksgiving, I'll be writing a lot about the day, about past experiences and more. In fact, it's the topic of the latest edition of the Winning Loser Video Blog. My memory didn't serve me well during this video or tonight on the support group call. I remembered adding 500 calories to my Thanksgiving budget and only using 230 or 240. Instead, after review of the 2014 archived blog post--I discovered 1,000 calories was added to the budget that day and I only used 262. Close, well, kind of close, at least. 

Here's an excerpt from Thanksgiving night 2014:

My plan included allowing an extra 1,000 calories if needed. I only used an extra 262 calories. I promised myself I wouldn't "stuff for sport" today. I would eat reasonably and be well, focusing my attention on the family and visiting instead of focusing on the eating and eating some more. My brain just couldn't accept a "free for all" day. It just wasn't happening. It wasn't necessary. I didn't feel one bit deprived today. I ate well and plenty. Tonight, I don't feel an uncomfortable fullness. I feel a reasonable one.

Going all the way back to Thanksgiving 2008, I found my hand written food diary. This was before MyFitnessPal came along! This was also several years before my abstinence from refined sugar. I normally didn't log anything back then, I simply kept a running total in my head. I made an exception for Thanksgiving. I was taking special precautions with Thanksgiving because so many of my weight loss attempts ended right then and there...I was determined it wasn't happening again. Not this time.

 photo 2008 Thanksgiving Food Diary_zpsmzqp8nld.jpg

The latest Winning Loser Video Blog:


Today was a great day. It was productive and busy. I managed my food within my plan, we had a wonderful support group teleconference tonight, I enjoyed a great workout, exceeded my water goal and I feel fantastic. I couldn't ask for more.

Oh, by the way--one thing I forgot to put in the video. If you're cooking for Thanksgiving, consider chewing sugarless gum to prevent nibbling. It's worked very well for me over the years. I plan on utilizing that particular strategy again this year.

I'll let the Tweets take it the rest of the way.

My Tweets Today:
































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. Sincerity just flows out of you. Your so well spoken, you have chosen your profession wisely. I really enjoyed this post. Such good common sense!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that you added your "taste test bite" of stuffing to your daily diary that day. So often it is the mindless tasting and sampling that has been my downfall. I can't begin to think of how many meals I ate just by sampling and then... sitting down to the regular meal. Thanks for putting yourself out there day by day and helping others along the way.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.