Monday, June 20, 2016

June 20th, 2016 The First Twenty Minutes

June 20th, 2016 The First Twenty Minutes

I'm feeling a nice groove of late. I never realized just how much my daily activity falls into a routine, but it certainly does. In this groove, I typically reach 1,500 calories going into evening/dinner. But it goes beyond the calorie budget. The foundational support I need each day starts as soon as I open my eyes.

The alarm clock sounds at 4:30am on a workday. I practice some meditation and prayer, start the coffee, complete two sets of ten push-ups and two sets of ten squats, then it's down with the two cups of water before I allow the first cup of coffee. This all happens in the first twenty minutes of my day.

And that, to me, is the foundation for the rest of my day's groove. Taking better care of my schedule--managing my time better, getting more rest--these are things that will continue to support and protect that very important twenty-minute period.

I've had plenty of days when I didn't get enough sleep--and I wake up late--and everything gets rushed. On those days, I'll do the absolute minimum--and on those days, not surprisingly, I find the most challenges.

I'm connecting the dots. I'm investigating my routines on a deeper level and this study is giving me some incredibly positive vibes as I proceed in this thing called maintenance mode. And really, it's just, my life.

I've maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I've remained abstinent from refined sugar, I will meet my water goal today and I've been active in one on one and group support interactions. Today's been a really good day.

I'm planning a great dinner and a fantastic bedtime.

Continuous Live-Tweet Stream:




























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.