Saturday, February 16, 2019

February 16th, 2019 Something Better

February 16th, 2019 Something Better

Yesterday was a 7-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, I personally prepared all of my meals, I did a wonderful 30-minute elliptical workout, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Getting back on the elliptical felt wonderful last night. I've returned to max-level 20 on the machine recently and oh my, let me tell you, the difference between resistance level 15 and 20 is significant. I'm sweating and pushing through, mentally and physically, within ten minutes on level twenty. The mental/emotional benefits are far greater than the physical. The endorphins are powerful things.

I sometimes listen to music during my workouts and at other times, a good podcast. I've recently discovered Conan O'Brien's podcast, Conan O'Brien Needs A Friend. Constantly smiling and occasionally laughing while doing the intense elliptical routine changes the workout into something better. I suppose it's because the focus is redirected--I'm not focusing on the burn in my legs or the sweat on my brow, my brain is focusing on the content I'm feeding it. One time, I remember showing up at the gym without my earbuds--oh my, that was the longest and most brutal workout for me, because all I could focus on was the physical energy needed for the workout. The brain is fascinating; so powerful, isn't it?

I plan on getting back to the gym this afternoon for a good swimming session. I'm not meeting my goal of four workout sessions for the week, but I'm okay with this considering the circumstances of the week. Fourteen trips to the gym in a four week period is a tremendous change compared to the previous several months.

I'm excited about doing a stand-up show next Friday with my friend, comedian and singer, Wade Tower. We've booked it for the 22nd at a local restaurant. Ground Round Grill and Bar will transform into a comedy club from 9 to 10:30pm. I think it's important to do things that bring us joy. Working out material with a microphone, an audience, and generating laughs, brings me immense joy. The opportunity to catch up with Wade is a fantastic bonus.

My morning foundation practice/routine is complete. I'm about to prepare a good on-plan breakfast followed by getting ready to attend a funeral with Kristin. Kristin lost a dear friend of hers earlier this week. I knew him too and he was an incredible person. Marty Ladd passed way too young, in his mid 60's. He was loved by many in this community--very fitting that his funeral is being held in Robson Fieldhouse.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Have you listened to the unabridged audio version of my book? Get yours today!

With a donation of $20 or more to The Daily Diary of A Winning Loser, You'll receive the entire unabridged audio version of my book, Transformation Road-My Trip To Over 500 Pounds and Back-narrated by me on mp3 disc!! This includes shipping. Increased donation increments of at least $20 will include an additional mp3 disc of the unabridged audio version, perfect to give as a gift!
Also, the two-hour recorded YouPlan Workshop is available for a minimum $25 donation.

To donate, send an email request to transformation.road@gmail.com, and I'll send you a secure invoice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.