Friday, February 1, 2019

February 1st, 2019 Don't Want To

February 1st, 2019 Don't Want To

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support. I earned 7 stars yesterday.

I was about a block away from the RecPlex for my elliptical workout when I received an all caps text from a support friend: "I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE GYM." Once I arrived in the parking lot, we exchanged a few text messages. I don't want to go either, but the benefits are far greater and better than my reasons for not going. I've never regretted an exercise session. It's always something, once done, I'm glad I did. It was cool to connect with someone in the same situation at that exact moment--in the parking lot not wanting to go inside. I believe that support exchange made a positive difference.

Creating a willingness that exceeds my resistance has been key. Earning the stars each day has had an interesting effect. Also, reframing what it is has helped tremendously. It isn't new to me, this reframing thing. The exercise session is my time to lose myself in an interesting podcast or listen to some music I enjoy. The mental/emotional benefits of getting back into a consistent schedule combined with the endorphin boost each session provides make it something to look forward to each time I go.

I made a grocery trip after the elliptical before heading home to prepare dinner. Preparing dinner before my Thursday night group support session was a goal for me yesterday because often times I'll wait--but that puts dinner too late. It was good to flip that around. Doing that made for a much better evening.

I sincerely appreciate the feedback on yesterday's blog post. Vickie writes:
"I wanted to add, women are usually different. Women who are insulin resistant (belly fat, which is a lot of us) are definitely different. Total calories will not work. Needs to be calories and macros. Not talking low carb. Talking about balance. We have to have our protein high enough and our carbs low enough that they level each other out. Plus healthy fats. I have seen a lot of women carefully track their calories but have way too high a percentage of carbs. And they just barely maintain, and cannot lose."

Wonderful and very important points, Vickie! Thank you for sharing it! Super important things to consider!!!

Featured Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Have you listened to the unabridged audio version of my book? Get yours today!

With a donation of $20 or more to The Daily Diary of A Winning Loser, You'll receive the entire unabridged audio version of my book, Transformation Road-My Trip To Over 500 Pounds and Back-narrated by me on mp3 disc!! This includes shipping. Increased donation increments of at least $20 will include an additional mp3 disc of the unabridged audio version, perfect to give as a gift!

Please be sure to include an email address so I can properly express my gratitude! Donating to the DDWL is easy and secure with the PayPal donate button below. (You do not need a PayPal account-transactions work with any credit or debit card) Simply click the donate button!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.