Saturday, July 13, 2019

July 13th, 2019 Right Where I Am

July 13th, 2019 Right Where I Am

Yesterday was a 6-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal (4th day in a row), had another great elliptical workout at the RecPlex, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Finding a familiar groove is a very nice thing. The intentional effort to re-establish certain things is working well. And it feels amazing.

One of the common misconceptions along this road is in the idea that maintaining a daily practice will somehow burden us and keep us from experiencing joy. Actually, it's the opposite. Maintaining a daily practice enhances our capacity to experience a more grounded and fulfilled experience.

The elliptical workouts of late have been challenging. I'm not doing the max level 20--oh no, right now, level 15 is my spot. It'll quickly evolve. But I'm okay right where I am, for now. Consistency beats intensity!

It's interesting how the simple act of keeping a water bottle full and fresh, within reach, has made hitting my water goal (and exceeding) much less of a challenge. I plan on continuing this practice.

I stopped by mom's for a good visit after my workout last night. She continues to do better each day. She had her hair fixed yesterday--and that always makes a huge positive difference in her overall attitude and demeanor.

Tonight is the family get-together in Stillwater, celebrating July birthdays. Mom's of course, and Tim's, her brother-in-law's. It's planned as a gathering at a giant Chinese/Asian buffet type place. I once navigated this place quite well, making reasonable choices and maintaining within a calorie budget. However, the evolution of my food plan over the past five years-plus--namely the non-negotiable of no refined sugar, makes it nearly impossible to eat a meal at that place (unless I was a big fan of salads or sushi--which I'm absolutely not!) Not a worry at all. I'll take care of my food plan around this gathering--and I'll very much enjoy the visiting and catching up with everyone. Plus, Noah will be along with us, so that'll be fun too! The last time I had Noah there, he was asking me--"Po Po, what's that?" We went through every item, almost--and when we got to the frog legs it really bothered him. "But I like frogs, I don't want to eat them. How can they hop without their legs?" He was five then and full of great five-year-old questions and rationale. "I don't know, little man, great question--hey, there's some pizza!" We quickly moved on that night. It was adorable. 

I'm taking Noah to the full Broadway version of Beauty and The Beast this afternoon. In exchange for my narration on the production, the director has gifted me a couple of tickets. I'm hoping Noah, at 6, is old enough to really enjoy the experience. We'll find out! I think he'll engage and enjoy it a bunch. He certainly did during Lion King--and he was only four years old.

My morning foundational routine is complete and I've enjoyed some wonderful support connections and exchanges this morning. I've enjoyed my coffee and I'm about to prepare a good breakfast. I'm returning to the gym tomorrow.

Oh-- by the way, a few loyal readers have asked about getting the "I'm Choosing Change" wristband. It will be available from my new website that's coming within a month or so (It's in the design phase)--however, you can get one early if you desire! Send an email with your request: transformation.road@gmail.com and I'll send you a direct PayPal invoice for the $15 charge and then personally ship yours right away! It's a powerful reminder every single day--connecting us with our "why" and keeping a positive measure of awareness and mindfulness in place.

I've gifted these to members of my private support group and I'm sending them to my small list of one on one mentoring clients. It's so cool to see pictures of these wristbands popping up all over the United States. And when you get yours, you'll be able to join the "I'm choosing change at..." photostream on my new Instagram account dedicated to this cause, it's on Instagram:  @Imchoosingchange 

Have an amazing Saturday!



Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.