Saturday, April 11, 2020

April 11th, 2020 Complete With Hugs

April 11th, 2020 Complete With Hugs

Since our last edition: I've maintained the integrity of my food plan boundaries, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've met or exceeded my daily water goal, I've enjoyed some good walks, some bodyweight strength exercises, and I've stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Mom continues to do well lately. The ups and downs of the day to day seem less profound; more steady and consistent lately, a sign the new antibiotic is working well. This calm and steady period is good for mom right now. Instead of being distressed over the effects of her condition, we're simply focusing on the hope, promise, and prayers for the time when we can have a visit complete with hugs! Smiles and laughs, too--those are important, and we've been enjoying plenty of those lately. I'm grateful. We enjoyed a good video chat yesterday and we have planned a face to face "through the glass" visit for later today.














I'm doing okay lately. Not great, but relatively calm and steady. And maybe that is good enough. Isn't that fairly common for most of us right now?

I'm staying in a gratitude focused mindset and doing my best at curbing the negative head chatter that says I should be doing much much more. Asking, "what is reasonable for today?" has been a good question to answer. If I can set some goals/intentions and make some progress each day, I can connect with what is true and feel good about it all.

My foundational routine each morning continues to be my saving grace. It is the most critically important 10-20 minutes of my day. It's slowly evolving in better ways as I learn and experience more in the direction of my evolving spiritual condition.

Staying connected with people "in the same lifeboat" continues to be an imperative piece each day. With any and all of it, there's room for growth and improvement. I'm doing my best effort to remain open and willing to watch, listen, and learn.

I am grateful for a tremendously positive outpouring of support along this road. It is a blessing and my cup runneth over, I assure you. Very rarely, but occasionally, I do receive a less than supportive message. It happens. It's okay.

Recently, a message critical of my food plan accountability pics on Instagram popped up. Here's the deal: I don't care. I don't do those for show. I do those for me. The process of preparing my meals; the weighing and measuring, the cooking, the logging it in MyFitnessPal, the pic and the post, are all things that slow me down enough to thoroughly connect with the specific boundaries of my food plan. My food plan is unique to me, based on my preferences and trigger list. Is it nutritionally sound? No, I'm sure it isn't. Could it be better? Of course, always! It will continue to evolve because it's always subject to change. If seeing those pics gives you an idea or two for your own personal food plan, great. If seeing those bother you, please don't look at 'em! And if seeing them compels you to compose a long well-intentioned email about what I should or shouldn't be eating, thank you for thinking of me, but in this regard, I respectively ask: Please don't. If my food plan needs tweaking, I'll tweak it--and likely, that would include some discussion with a trusted mentor.

Aside from a busy work week, I had a dental emergency! I reported to work Monday morning on less than an hour of sleep because of the pain. The OTC pain reliever wasn't touching it in the least. I somehow broke a small molar on the back right side of my mouth. I was fortunate enough to secure an emergency dental appointment for noon that day--and was able to get the situation resolved. I now have one less tooth. "Fixing it" wasn't an option for me--way too expensive. This "fixing it" meant: Please make the pain stop! He did. I'm so glad. That pain was maddening. The dentist advised "no apples for two or three days," and I was horrified! I'm kidding. Maybe slightly disappointed but understanding is a better representation. I intentionally extended the personal apple ban a few extra days, just to be safe. I'm easing my way back into my apple love, starting with last night's baked cinnamon apple slices. They were soft. My food plan today will likely include a regular and raw sliced apple. I think it's time.

I hope and pray you and yours are doing well considering the circumstances gripping our world.
















Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? I wear mine daily as a constant reminder of why my daily practice of things is important. For me, it's simply a daily reminder to be open, willing, mindful, to pause, and to be intentional. If I'm not those things, I get stuck at the line of least resistance and back there is where the old patterns and behaviors thrive. Your order includes priority shipping so you'll get it quickly! Here's the link to order yours right now: https://imchoosingchange.com/product/wristband/

My website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question? Want to share your story? Leave a voicemail or Text me! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

My website: www.imchoosingchange.com

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.