Sunday, April 19, 2020

April 19th, 2020 Tatum Is Amazing

April 19th, 2020 Tatum Is Amazing

Since our last edition: I've maintained the integrity of my food plan boundaries, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've met or exceeded my daily water goal, I've enjoyed some good walks, some bodyweight strength exercises, and I've stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Tatum is amazing. I don't know her personally beyond occasionally exchanging pleasantries at mom's nursing home, but I do know this young lady is an amazing human being. What she did for mom and residents the other day was a classic example of the best in humanity coming out during the worst of times. We've all heard stories of people on the front lines of this pandemic who are giving way more of themselves than anyone could or should expect. Usually, it's a news story we read or hear about. This wasn't a news story; what she did, it was just what she did--and I was touched by her selfless act, so much, I had to write something about her.

Tatum is a Certified Medicine Aid. She works full time--and as we all know, right now is a super challenging time for anyone doing the kind of essential work she does. After working a full time week--and maybe beyond full time--I mean, that's likely right? Tatum spent her day off at the nursing home fixing hair for residents. The night before, mom was in a bad place mentally and emotionally--but after she was treated to a wash and style, her spirits were dramatically lifted. By the time we had our "through the glass" visit, she was beaming. Tatum was leaving just as mom and I started our visit and I had the chance to personally thank her for what she did for mom and others.



















We enjoyed our longest "through the glass" visit to date. The aid who brought her to the glass eventually went about her duties--and since there wasn't anyone waiting for a visit behind me, we were able to relax and visit for an hour and a half. In that time, we also live-video chatted with no less than ten family members. Mom was beyond renewed in her spirit. It was mental/emotional medicine for both of us.

I recently did my morning show 100% from home. It was an opportunity to make sure the technology we've installed could pull it off. It did, and it did very well. I'm currently not doing my show from home--however, we have social distancing procedures and policies in place, so the potential exposure is minimal.
 


















Broadcasting from my apartment was fun! I didn't shave, brush my hair, and I was comfy in my pajama bottoms.

One of the things I've been doing lately to help me get through this period we're all living through is staying connected more with friends and family. My six-year-old grandson Noah and I play on messenger--changing our faces into all kinds of fun things. It's pretty cool.














Isn't technology amazing?? It's certainly keeping us connected in new and wonderful ways.

I've been getting in some good walks lately. Last night's walk through the empty streets of downtown Ponca City was a nice change of scenery. I took some photos along the way, too. Here's a pic of the majestic theatre where our broadcast studios are located:














The bottom right window with the purple light--that's the window front studios where I work. It's a beautiful place. After working years and years in studios that were nothing more than four walls--and even working in a couple without windows, this is much appreciated. Seeing activity--cars, people, life--outside the window, while you're on the air, automatically makes the broadcast better.

My food plan has been sloppy lately, I'll admit. Too many days where the schedule finds me eating dinner at crazy late times plus, I've been leaning heavily on some foods that, while they're on my food plan list of acceptable foods, I probably should lean on 'em a little less. Lots of cheese and wheat-based products. I love the Ezekiel bread, Joseph's flax-oat bran-whole wheat pitas, and the Extreme Wellness flax-whole wheat tortillas, but I've noticed how an increased amount of these things sometimes makes me feel bloated. I share, not because I want food plan advice--I simply share it to point out how I've allowed the changing schedule and routines to affect me during this unprecedented time. "Unprecedented," now there's a word we seem to be using 10,000% more than ever before, huh?

My foundational routine is complete for today. I've enjoyed some good coffee and I'm about to prepare a good breakfast. I plan on doing some cleaning around my apartment today and I plan on having some good communications with others.

Today is the 25th anniversary of the Oklahoma City Bombing. A colleague and I put together a seventeen-minute piece yesterday, produced 100% from home, in remembrance of that horrific day. It's airing on two different stations four times today. I'm proud of the piece. We mixed it with the right music, vocal presentation, audio clips from that day, and we wrapped it on a positive and uplifting note. It turned out well--very powerful. Listening to the finished piece yesterday, I was emotionally moved to tears. It feels good to feel good about doing good work.

Oh, one more thing. Every now and again, Facebook pops up memories with photos that take me back and remind me of where I was physically and on a deeper level, where I was mentally and emotionally in terms of my compulsive overeating/food addiction/diet mentality side of my brain. The picture below was snapped during a small family trip in 2004. I had successfully lost 100 pounds for the first time in my life--and at 400 pounds instead of 500, I felt like a million bucks--enough to jump on the merry-go-round with my daughters. Dad was crazy (still am sometimes) and I would do anything to make them smile and laugh. In hindsight, at that time, I was on more than one type of merry-go-round. I was also on the diet mentality merry-go-round. This family trip--and more specifically the deep dive into the food as a "celebration" of my first-ever 100-pound loss, is recounted in my book Transformation Road. That trip was the beginning of the end of that weight loss attempt. In a very short time, I gained back that 100 pounds and a little more. I'm grateful to God for different perspectives today. While simply "knowing" these different perspectives doesn't provide immunity from the disease of food addiction, the embrace of them certainly encourages me to "do the doing." Slowly killing myself with compulsive overeating isn't ever a "celebration" or "reward." It was and will always be my disease in action.
 













Stay safe, my friend. Thank you for reading and for your beautiful support. It is always appreciated.



























Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? I wear mine daily as a constant reminder of why my daily practice of things is important. For me, it's simply a daily reminder to be open, willing, mindful, to pause, and to be intentional. If I'm not those things, I get stuck at the line of least resistance and back there is where the old patterns and behaviors thrive. Your order includes priority shipping so you'll get it quickly! Here's the link to order yours right now: https://imchoosingchange.com/product/wristband/

My website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question? Want to share your story? Leave a voicemail or Text me! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

My website: www.imchoosingchange.com

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.