Sunday, May 10, 2020

May 10th, 2020 What We Can Control

May 10th, 2020 What We Can Control

Since our last edition: I've maintained the integrity of my food plan boundaries, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've met or exceeded my daily water goal, I've enjoyed some really good walks and a few body-weight strength routines, and I've stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Happy Mother's Day! This is a very special day. If you're a mom, I hope this day brings you something extra special. A moment, a connection, a conversation, a hug, an opportunity to reflect on how wonderfully awesome you are, and how much you mean to others. You deserve that acknowledgment!!!!

I started today by connecting with the moms closest to me, including, of course, my two amazing daughters who have both become super-moms! This is their day. Today will certainly include another "through the glass" visit with mom. We're both looking forward to the day we can get out and about again. We don't control that timetable. Until then, we're making the most of what we can control.

Mom was tested for COVID-19 along with every other resident and staff member at her nursing home. The official results will come early to mid-week. Clearly, mom is negative, unless she's asymptomatic because she's really looking and sounding like herself. No brain fog, no urinary tract infection, no fever, no breathing difficulties--none of those things that have plagued her in a pattern that seems to repeat about every 90-120 days. The fact that she was able to heal from this last downturn without another hospitalization is a big-solid affirmation of the incredible care she's receiving at Ponca Nursing and Rehab.

I have literally hundreds of photographs with mom. This collage is one of her favorites. It's one of mine, too:



















And a few more, "before" and more current...



















































Our last outing before the lockdown




















This last collage of pics was from our last outing just a few days before the lockdown went into effect. We didn't realize at the time what was coming. We enjoyed a good dinner out that evening and a live concert at the theatre.

Me? I'm doing well, actually. I'm finally getting into a better groove at work when it comes to staying on top of things. My work responsibilities have grown since we're short-staffed, so it's taken an adjustment period to find a groove that seems to work well. On the bright side, I'm much more productive at work because I'm doing my best to stay ahead of things. Where before, I might prioritize things based on deadlines, now I'm getting stuff complete before their deadline in an intentional effort to stay ahead of it all.

My daily practice is going well too. Lately, I've given additional attention to evolving certain key areas of my continued recovery. It's been a great experience. I owe huge gratitude to the mentors who have always stepped up in helping me learn and grow along this road. Gerri and Dave, specifically, have generously had a profound positive impact on me. Combined, those two have 59 years of experience along this path. I'm beyond blessed to be in their support circle.

My foundational routine of prayer, meditation, gratitude, positive visualizations, and positive affirmations is complete for today. I'm about to prepare a good Sunday brunch after thoroughly enjoying just my coffee and water so far this morning. I have some more reading to do today, too, before making my way out to a special Mother's Day visit with mom.

Instagram Food Plan Accountability Postings:
 


View this post on Instagram
I kinda went overboard on these avocado sauce topped meat, potato, and bean burritos. Within my budget for the day- but the count is about 100-150 higher than I prefer. Had I entered the ingredients in MFP as I prepared it, I could have easily paired it down along the way! Always a “Uh oh” when it’s already plated. Since it isn’t breaking today’s calorie budget, I’ll let it pass this time! Okay- These are loaded! I may not be hungry again until Tuesday. Lol. Two Extreme Wellness Flax-Whole Wheat Tortillas over-loaded with 4.1oz 96% lean ground beef, 115g Simply Potatoes brand all-natural diced potatoes, 38g red onion, 119g fat free refried beans, and 28g shredded triple cheddar. Uh, yeah. I think that could have enough... however: Topped with avocado sauce prepared with 85g avocado, mashed well, mixed with 30g (2 tbs) sour cream, plus salt & pepper. #dailypractice #foodplan #weighandmeasure 756 cal.
A post shared by Sean Anderson (@seanaanderson) on
























Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? I wear mine daily as a constant reminder of why my daily practice of things is important. For me, it's simply a daily reminder to be open, willing, mindful, to pause, and to be intentional. If I'm not those things, I get stuck at the line of least resistance and back there is where the old patterns and behaviors thrive. Your order includes priority shipping so you'll get it quickly! Here's the link to order yours right now: https://imchoosingchange.com/product/wristband/

My website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question? Want to share your story? Leave a voicemail or Text me! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

My website: www.imchoosingchange.com

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.