Monday, July 6, 2020

July 6th, 2020 The Stars of The Show

July 6th, 2020 The Stars of The Show

Since our last edition: I've maintained the integrity of my food plan boundaries, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've met or exceeded my daily water goal, I've enjoyed some really good walks and a few body-weight strength routines. I've also stayed well connected with exceptional support.

The stress of the schedule lately has been relentless. I'm certainly not complaining--and I must always look at my part in it all. One of my areas in need of improvement is time management. I do feel like I'm making strides in that area. When I look at everything, the areas in need of some additional attention all start with less procrastination and better time management. I can find some positives in that truth.

I woke Saturday with a sinus infection. My face was swollen and it hurt. It's been a few years since I had one like this. I ignored it last time this happened and it didn't go well. That time, it became so bad, my face looked like a golf ball was under my skin and I ended up missing a few workdays in order to recover. I was proactive this time, immediately finding an open urgent care clinic and getting the antibiotic I need. There was a delay in getting the prescription filled--but I finally did yesterday morning. I was able to leave work a little early today for some additional rest.

We celebrated my grandson Noah's birthday last night. He's 7 years old today! I can't believe it, really. He wanted a guitar for his birthday, a real one, and by golly he got his wish! He's super excited about learning to play. I'm excited for him! That kid loves music!



















We had such a good time together. Noah was a little bummed about not getting to have a big party--he didn't get to invite friends because of coronavirus concerns--but it was a good, small party, with just a handful of family members present. Mom was able to join us via her Facebook Portal.










Mom's Portal has been a real blessing for her and all of us. It's helping her feel more connected during this exceptionally challenging time. She was also able to watch the Fireworks with me on Saturday evening.










Mom joined me a few years ago for my annual broadcast--and thanks to Facebook memories, it was a good reminder of how quickly time moves. And how dramatically things can change. Just three years ago, it was:



















I do believe these days will return. Likely not until there's an effective vaccine of course, but still--there's hope. I'm comforted by the knowledge that mom is being kept safe and sound where she lives. When this started, back in March, I was really worried that I might not ever get to hug her again. Now, I'm not thinking that way, instead, I'm patiently waiting while being grateful for her protection. One of these days that'll be an epic hug, I assure you!

Did I mention Noah turns 7 today??? I've been a grandpa for seven years!!! How is that possible?? And our hair is essentially the same color (see pic above). That's cool. I probably won't be able to say that too much longer. I remember taking his very first picture just minutes after his birth...



















Awe!! Right?? Look at those big eyes! It was a good birthday party. Oliver and Phoebe got in on the action, too, with everyone congregating outside for playtime after the food and festivities.

Speaking of the food. Courtney ordered the food, pizza, and cake, and since I live closest to these places, I offered to pick 'em up. I'm immensely grateful for the neutrality I feel around these foods. It is not a given and it's something that is a blessing in a recovery-based practice. In order to keep the neutrality, I must renew my perspective each morning with that foundational routine I'm always mentioning. To me, it is absolutely a divine gift because neutrality means not being triggered by the sight or smell. It means not feeling deprived in any way at all. It means not white-knuckling it during an occasion like this--and best of all, it means I can be happy for those who can enjoy those foods. And even better than that best of all, is the bestest of all bests (is bestest a word? Well, it is now): When I'm not in a food fog, lost in the obsession of the mind, I'm able to fully engage with loved ones around me. Suddenly, the "stars of the show" are the ones I love---and not the food. For a first-class food addict/compulsive overeater who has zero willpower, like me, that's a straight-up miracle. A beautiful miracle. 

I brought my own food and it wasn't a big deal at all. I don't make it a big deal. Nobody cares or mentions it anymore. When circumstances/events have other on-plan options, I can make it work, and I do. But in this case, I needed to bring my own. It's always my responsibility to make sure I have what I need to remain well. The bottom line: What will be most remembered about that gathering is the look on Noah's face when he discovered the guitar, the conversations we shared, and the time we all spent together--NOT whether or not I ate a piece of cake.

Episode 21 of the Transformation Planet podcast is in the works. Look for that update soon! Which brings me back around to my first paragraph of this post. Uh, yeah...that! :) I know, I know, you'll believe it when you hear it! Hey, I don't blame you. Totally fair!

My sinus infection is irritating me tonight. I'm hoping the medicine starts doing its thing quickly. I have a good dinner planned and a nice after-dinner walk through the neighborhood on my Monday night agenda.

Thank you for being here. Thank you for always being so kind and supportive. I'm grateful, immensely grateful. 

Social Media Accountability Postings

































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.