Wednesday, April 13, 2016

April 13th, 2016 As Real As It Gets

April 13th, 2016 As Real As It Gets

I feel like I've been in constant catch up mode over the last couple days. I think I typically do well at replying to questions or just saying thank you for a nice compliment, and replying, especially to emails, is very important to me-so it's been exceptionally challenging for me, mentally, to not be able to keep up of late. The outpouring of support after the Today Show segment has been a monumental blessing to me. As it is most of the time, it might take some time--and especially with emails to transformation.road@gmail.com, but I'll reply when I can!

This experience is an opportunity for personal growth. I believe any challenge worth the effort provides numerous opportunities for growth. I'm in that place, it seems. It feels good. It feels right. Rest assured, if you've posted something to my facebook page--or tweeted me, I sincerely appreciate you and the connection you're making.

If you go back in the archives to September 15th, 2008 and read the Day 1 post, you'll find this at the end:
"I look forward to this blog. I believe it will help me stay on track and maybe along the way it will inspire someone else to stay on track."

I've stayed true to this from Day 1. I maintain this daily blog, the MyFitnessPal logging and the accountability Tweets for me. These are "rails" of accountability and support I've installed along my path to help create stability and ultimately, consistency. I had no idea how many would follow along, relate and be affected in a positive way--and this has been a huge--and very unexpected blessing. I'm passionate about sharing what I do and how I do it--and how these things work for me.

While we're all different--and what works for me may not be what will work for you, over the last seven and a half years I've discovered that the mental/emotional and psychological dynamics are where we find the most common ground, regardless of our individual methods of losing weight. That's what makes this blog all-inclusive.

But again, I do it for me and my continued recovery and healthy weight maintenance. Someone recently suggested how I might be addicted to attention--based on all I do in these efforts. Nope! You got the wrong guy! Here's the thing: I'm going to keep on keeping on regardless of how many or who reads this blog. I'm NOT performing here. I'm being as real as it gets--and I never forget those words I wrote on Day 1.

For those who know me personally and the ones who have worked with me through the two exclusive teleconference support groups I co-facilitate with Life Coach Gerri and Kathleen Miles and the ones I've worked with one on one--they know me--they know very well where my heart and passion lives. They know why I do what I do. They've felt my emotion and heard my tears on the telephone line.

I hope you'll continue following along--and I appreciate the measure of accountability and support it provides me--and it is my sincere hope that something I express, at some point--strikes you in a monumental way.

Ultimately, it's all you, my friend. You're the one doing the work and building the fire within you. If this blog--or anything I say or do, provides a spark--and you diligently turn that spark into a burning fire for change--that, to me, is such a beautiful thing. And I know in my heart--you can do this, too. It's in you. You know how I know? Because I'm no different from you. Sure, our personal life circumstances may be wildly different--but when notes are compared on the mental-emotional elements required along the way, we're remarkably the same. I don't have special weight loss and maintenance powers! If I can choose change before change chooses me--I know you can as well.

The Today Show experience was a dream come true. Would I LOVE to do more of that type of thing?? Of course. I feel very confident and calm in that environment. But if an opportunity like that never ever comes along again, as long as I live--I'm happy, right here. And I will continue doing what I do--right here, every day. Because the bottom line is: I must always take care of me and the fundamental elements of my continued recovery and weight maintenance success...and when I do that, when I take care of me, first and foremost--everything else falls into place.

 photo IMG_1169_zps3rx2yknm.jpg
This instantly became my favorite picture of mom. There's so much love in her heart and eyes. I wouldn't be where I am today had it not been for this amazing woman. My goodness, I love her so very much.

It was an honor to be inducted into The Joy Fit Club alongside Hope Church. In the picture below, Joy and Hope check out Hope's inspirational bracelet. After our segment was over and we all said goodbye to Joy and other Today Show staff--Hope, her husband Jeremy and I talked for about a half an hour. We concluded that our conversations could have gone on all day. When you get two people together who have experienced a massive transformation in multi-faceted ways, the commonalities seem endless. It was pure pleasure. They're amazing people. I love occasionally featuring other people's blogs--and I've provided the link to Hope's blog on her Facebook page, below the picture. You'll be inspired--I guarantee!
 photo thumb_IMG_4310_1024_zpssiqbpexd.jpg
https://m.facebook.com/Healthy-Happy-Hope-612967995522969/

I'm allowing the Tweets to take me the rest of the way tonight. Are we cool? Good deal. :)

Today's Live-Tweet Stream:
















































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you do what you do, helps a lot reading this daily blog, thank u. Robin W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate this, Robin. You're welcome. It's done monumental things for me. Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  2. Fist bump! I love your blogs and YouTube vids (need more of those btw)....you are a true inspiration and your keeping yourself on target via multiple media platforms keeps me in line too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marianne--fist bump right back at ya!!! :) I'm about to start doing the video blogs again. I'm not going to get too elaborate with the production--just straight to camera stuff, mainly. Yes indeed--building and developing the accountability and support structure of your plan--is critically important--and in the social media world we live in, building that system as simply or elaborately as you want--or are comfortable with, creates options not available even 10-15 years ago. I'm so glad you're doing well, too!!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.