Sunday, April 17, 2016

April 17th, 2016 Needed Today

April 17th, 2016 Needed Today

I've made this a super-relaxing Sunday with plenty of rest and recharging. I cooked well, ate well and exercised well, too! I grabbed a short midday nap before accomplishing some work in preparation for a big upcoming speaking event I'm doing with a friend of mine. Then I napped, again. I've been carrying around a sleep deficit lately, and that's not a good thing.

I also downloaded Joy Bauer's newest book "From Junk Food To Joy Food-All The Foods You Love To Eat...Only Better." 

You know me--from the very beginning I've been all about eating what I like and nothing I don't, and this has been key for me. Throughout this entire experience, I can proudly say I've never eaten something simply because "it's good for you" or because it's considered "diet food." I instinctively knew that if losing weight required me to eat things I couldn't stand--then it wouldn't be sustainable and I'd quickly retreat to my old behaviors. The "gradual evolution of good choices" I've written and talked about so much, has been and continues to be critically important to my success.

I'm not on "a diet." I'm living and eating within the personal boundaries that have evolved along the way. I have my limits, I have my abstinence from refined sugar--and in the kitchen, I have my favorites. 

However, I'll be the first to admit that my list of foods I enjoy regularly could use a little more variety. That's why I'm excited about trying some of Joy's recipes. Her food philosophy as it applies to weight loss (described in the front of the book) mirrors my experience. If you're a regular reader here, you'll notice it when one of these new items pop up in the Live-Tweet stream! I've already discovered a few that have my attention, meet my refined sugar free requirement and will likely be what I try, first. Stay tuned!

I decided to do an awesome workout tonight in my living room floor. Body weight strength training exercises are effective and require absolutely zero equipment or memberships or special rooms--or anything. Which really brings to mind the question, why haven't I --and why don't I do these more often, in addition to the cardio I do each week? It's not like it takes a lot of time. And the way I felt afterward-- yeah, I'll pass on the beating myself up for not doing more before now--and I'll go straight to doing more of these workouts from here on out.

After an exceptionally busy week, I needed today. I do need a few things I forgot to grab at the store late last night--but they can wait until tomorrow.

Today's Live-Tweet Stream:




























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.