Saturday, May 25, 2019

May 25th, 2019 Finding Our Spots

May 25th, 2019 Finding Our Spots

Yesterday was a 4-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Another round of severe weather coverage filled my Saturday evening into the early morning hours. This weather pattern of late is absolutely relentless--the destruction with tornadoes in our state and record-setting flooding locally continues to make headlines beyond our borders. It's significant. I don't remember a stretch like this in the history of this area. If past patterns start to show, we should be getting into a hot and dry period soon. We could use warm and dry. The patterns, though, have changed, it seems.

I had a couple of location broadcasts early yesterday, one from a blood drive and one from the grocery store where we're booked at least once and sometimes twice a month. The grocery store broadcasts are always my favorite for a couple of reasons. Number one, it works very well. The store brings the deals and our broadcasts effectively publicize the event--often to record-setting numbers for this particular store. That always feels good, when it works very well. Secondly, it's an opportunity for me to work and shop at the same time. I always wait until near the end of the broadcast, between breaks, to do mine--and I always come away with some good deals.















The plan for last night's dinner involved grilling some petite sirloin and veggie kabobs (in the grocery basket)--but that plan quickly changed with the weather coverage activation. My backup plan worked well. I arrived at the station, assessed the situation and realized I had about forty-five minutes to get something for dinner. I ordered ingredients for chicken fajita crunchy tacos, to-go, from a Mexican place close to the studio. It was perfect. Once I got back to the studio, there wasn't much time to prepare the tacos--but I found some spots and made it work.












When things get challenging and plans change quickly, we find our spots. As long as the perspective is solutions-based, we can usually make things work out well for our plans. I'm fairly consistent with my solutions-based embrace when it comes to my food plan. Where I tend to gravitate toward the rationalization and circumstantial barrier side is with my exercise plans. Could I do something, anything, on days when the schedule gets nuts? Probably, most days--yes. That's honest. It doesn't have to be a full-on trip to the gym. A walk, a stair climbing workout (this-considering I work in a building with plenty of stairs), anything is better than nothing, yet often--I choose the perspective that I don't have the time and/or energy to focus on that side of things. I'm careful not to toss my food plan aside no matter the circumstance, but the exercise commitment is always the first to go.

That's my challenge of late--intentionally finding "my spots" on days where they're few and far between. They're there. But I must be willing to acknowledge them--then I must be willing to intentionally move on 'em.

More storms (80% chance late tonight) in the forecast--but, tomorrow looks great weather-wise, just in time for Memorial Day. I have a morning broadcast tomorrow from a big Memorial Day furniture store event--then, shortly after, I plan on picking up mom for a trip to Stillwater to see family and visit the graves of loved ones.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.