Monday, May 27, 2019

May 27th, 2019 Let's Do This

May 27th, 2019 Let's Do This

Yesterday was a 4-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Mom and I rescheduled our Memorial Day activities for this weekend instead of yesterday. Yesterday just wasn't a good fit for everyone. We still had our weekly outing and a good visit--we just kept it local.

Yesterday's broadcast was a successful one. In the words of the furniture store general manager, "the best we've had." It feels good being a big part of the marketing and promotion side of things for a big win like that.

I do feel some schedule fatigue of late. There really hasn't been a true day off in a while. I've decided to look at the schedule and make plans for some days off soon. I think that would be a good idea.

Today's schedule includes a forecast with a big red exclamation point. They use that when it's expected to be exceptionally severe. We'll see how that goes.

My morning routine is complete, my food is planned and packed, and I'm prepared for whatever this day brings. Let's do this.

DDWL Archived Excerpt from March 2010:
I woke up with a real attitude problem today. I didn't go straight to the floor for my sit-ups and then to my chair for the non-weighted squats. No, not this morning. I was severely upset with someone.

So I huffed and puffed my way to the kitchen to start the coffee, grabbed the eggs and pita bread, started cooking, and all the while with a big grumpy scowl on my face.

You know, promises were made to me---and when someone gives me their word, I trust that they'll keep it. The coffee tasted good. I prepared a breakfast taco with the pita using two scrambled whole eggs and salsa—no cheese.

You know what I mean?

When you count on someone to come through, live up to their part of the bargain, do what's right...and then they don't?

And then you have to see them every day---looking at you, yeah---look at them, they know you're disappointed...and they care. At least I think they do, or else they're really good at looking like they care.

Seriously---How much do I have to do for this guy to get a little cooperation in return? I've changed this guy's life in so many ways, flat-out saved him from certain early death and this is the appreciation he gives?

What an ungrateful lump.

He has so much potential---but if he doesn't get it together and really focus on important elements of his development, then I guess mediocrity and less than his best will be the nagging acceptable existence that he must live with---knowing what he could do, but not loving himself enough to do it---to be it---to claim what is right in front of his lazy, ungrateful hands.

Sorry I'm venting here---but you see--the schedule is set, we both know what needs to be done, what must be done---and then he doesn't give me 110%, not even 25%? Not acceptable.

Oh wow...it's frustrating, maddening sometimes really. Especially when the person that let you down...is you. 

Yeah---I had a pretty tough session with my thoughts last night. I've slipped into a comfort zone—where the workouts are never too much and the schedule is always flexible, regardless of the consequences---even if it means being inconsistent. You know how I feel about consistency. Without consistency---I wouldn't be where I am along this road.

I've come a very long way with consistency.

I can't stop being consistent now. I know what to do, I know how to do it, I know what I want, it's right there for the taking if I'm willing to put in the work.

OK—I'm done now. Done with this attitude problem. I'm ready to proceed---let's do this! Shall we? Oh, you bet we will---all the way my friend. All the way!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.