Thursday, September 12, 2019

September 12th, 2019 Justifiably Stuck

September 12th, 2019 Justifiably Stuck

Yesterday was 5-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, my exercise was walking and activity at my location broadcast, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Yesterday was much like Tuesday, schedule-wise. Still short-staffed at the studio with people out sick. Adjustments were made and we made it work. One thing is certain along this road, there will be days when the schedule or original plan just doesn't work. There was a time in my life when that would be the perfect opportunity to say the heck with it all. A solutions-based perspective pivots instead, asking, how can we make this work?

I spent years gravitating toward any and all possible outs. If something came up and I could use it to justify the release of personal responsibility, I did, every single time. Back then, I was constantly looking for barriers instead of solutions. In a barriers-based perspective, I was the victim--and in that, it served me well by keeping me "justifiably" stuck.

As I approach my eleven-year anniversary along this road in a few days. I've been giving a measure of thought to some of the core perspectives that have helped me break certain patterns. The solutions-based perspective is one born from a very honest place--very early. The archives took me all the way back to Day 22 in October of 2008. Back then, I was identifying personal patterns that, if left unchecked, would eventually kill me.   

From Day 22 in the archives--all the way back to October 7th, 2008:
Sometimes when the stress level goes way up and troubles rain down we search for a comfortable place to shield us from the storm. When our nerves are on edge we look for something to make us feel good again. We find comfort in food because it tastes good and so many of our good memories are surrounded by good tasting food. 

Some people handle stress differently, instead of eating they go for a long walk and a good workout. For me and a lot of people, the short term solution to feeling better is eating. It's a hard habit to break, but it's crucial to the life-saving weight loss we desperately need. 

Instead of excuses why we can't possibly stay on track, we have to discover solutions to how we can. 

We have to understand that every choice is an important one. Remember that one bad choice often leads to another and it works the other way too. One good choice often leads to another. That's why I end every one of these blogs with “Good Choices” because, in the end, we are the sum of our decisions, we can either be the victims of our poor choices or the champions of our good choices. 

“But you don't understand what I'm up against here”...No, maybe I don't know exactly what you're feeling inside and how it's affecting you, but I do know this: Overeating and making bad portion and exercise choices aren't going to make it better. 

I'm learning to love myself enough to make good choices every day. I said I'm learning because I don't know everything, I'm not a doctor, I only know what I've put myself through all of these years. 

I only know and learn from what I've personally experienced over more than two decades of failed attempts. 

I've made excuses for years why I can't do this. Now I'm making solutions and good choices to show myself I can. 


My new website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question about anything discussed on this blog or heard on the podcast? Text me! Do you have a question about your own plan practice? Text it! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? This wristband can serve as a powerful awareness/mindfulness tool! It certainly does for me. I wear mine proudly, daily, and more and more people are joining me in this movement! You can now order yours directly from my new website! Here's the link to the wristbands: Click HERE!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.