Sunday, November 3, 2019

November 3rd, 2019 The Full Landscape

November 3rd, 2019 The Full Landscape

Since our last edition, I've maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've met or exceeded my daily water goal, I've had a lot of natural exercises, and I've stayed well connected with exceptional support.

This is the longest between blog postings since my relapse/regain period. The good news is, my food plan is abstinent and I can look in the mirror and say, "I'm food sober." That's not a brag, by the way. I stopped that ego-driven nonsense years ago, thank God. It's a gratitude for the miracle it is, given the challenges of the last few days--heck, the last week and a half! Pardon the double negative, but I am never NOT a food addict/compulsive overeater. The only difference is my willingness to truthfully acknowledge this fact and then have the willingness to work an ever-evolving one day at a time practice that helps keep me well.

There's peace in surrender. I don't move forward fighting, I move forward by living this practice and keeping an open mind and willing ear to ideas, practices, and perspectives that promise continued transformations of the mental/emotional/spiritual parts of this life. If anyone has ever had the impression that I'm simply about weighing and measuring my meals, I assure you, it goes much deeper than that stuff. The food is but one element of one pillar that helps support this daily practice of mine.

Yesterday was brutal. I'm so grateful to be on the other side of it all. Our station was set to broadcast the Veterans Day Parade complete with live video streaming of the event. You wouldn't believe the amount of equipment it takes to put together a professional presentation. The load-in and load-out was a lot of exercises in carrying equipment and supplies the 1/2 block to the broadcast site--then up and down stairs to the balcony above the parade route--but the biggest thing was the stress leading up to the event. I'm not an engineer. I don't fully understand what makes the broadcast broadcast, but I can do the talent portion of the equation. Yesterday found me fumbling through the setup and on the phone with someone who does understand the setup...and finally, with 90 seconds to spare, we were on the air. Talk about relief!! When that hour and twenty-minute parade was finished, I felt like collapsing.

My food schedule was tilted wildly yesterday. My intention was to get set up and have enough time to prepare a good breakfast prior to the broadcast. That plan wasn't possible with all the technical issues preceding the broadcast. I finally was able to calmly prepare breakfast mid-afternoon. It was coffee and water before. Once I made it through the day--a day where prep kept me up super late the night before, I did collapse for a much-needed nap late afternoon. I wasn't done for the day but a break was certainly needed. Last night, post-nap, a store trip, a marketing meeting complete with copywriting and a location recording session with a broadcasting client, and a late-night visit with mom followed by an even later dinner, ended my epic Saturday. Mom is doing well, by the way.

Yesterday afternoon, I found myself overwhelmed with a rush of emotion. It wasn't the entire day, it was one instigating moment that, for whatever reason, brought back a flood of emotion. Suddenly, I felt unstable and out of sorts. I'm happy to report that I texted a couple of support friends, then when the emotion and accompanying thoughts continued to vibrant through my head, I called in "reinforcement," by simply phoning a friend to chat briefly about it. Gerri offered me some perspective by simply sharing some of her experiences. Within a few minutes, the emotion had passed and I was able to see "the full landscape" of it all instead of the very narrow piece creating the emotional response. Without having pause in order to act with intention, I would have been reacting--and believe me, my auto-pilot reactions lead me to excessive food. I'm grateful.

In times like this, a one day at a time approach can quickly become a one moment at a time approach. What's the next right thing I must do? Rest was on that list. A good on-plan meal was on that list. Reaching out for support was on that list.

Today, I'm grateful to be right here where I am, about to post this blog writing--and preparing a nice brunch. Thank you for following along. Oh--before I wrap this up, I must share a photo of my granddaughter Raegan from Halloween. I'm still awaiting some pics of my other grandchildren--but I have this one...and oh my goodness...my heart melts for this little unicorn:
 

 
















There are so many layers to this adorable photo. Standing in the sink, connecting with her unicorn-self in the mirror--and I can only imagine how she's equally fascinated by the costume and her reflection.

My morning foundational routine is complete, my food plan is in good standing for today, I enjoyed a long and quality rest with an extra hour thrown in because of the time change, and I'm ready for a good Sunday.

Social Media Accountability Postings:








Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? Here's the deal, I'm not a very good salesman. I haven't offered these consistently on this blog--yet, I have them available! I wear mine daily as a constant reminder of why my daily practice of things is important. I'm not alone, either. This powerful message is worn on the wrists of people in a dozen states, maybe more, I haven't counted--but it's up there!! From New York to California and from Canada all the way to Scotland, they're out there! For me, it's simply a daily reminder to be open, willing, mindful, to pause, and to be intentional. If I'm not those things, I get stuck at the line of least resistance and back there is where the old patterns and behaviors thrive. Your order includes priority shipping so you'll get it quickly! Here's the link to order yours right now: https://imchoosingchange.com/product/wristband/
Kat, choosing change on The Golden Gate Bridge!



















My website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question? Want to share your story? Leave a voicemail or Text me! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

My website: www.imchoosingchange.com

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.