Monday, November 3, 2008

Day 50 What am I eating?

Day 50

What am I eating?

Day 50 looks really nice up there. We've come a long way in 50 days! One day at a time it will grow to 100, then 150, then 200 days and beyond. The biggest thing I've learned in the last 50 days is you have to adjust to the peaks and valleys. You have to weave in and out of different circumstances, different stress levels, different moods, all while maintaining the integrity of your calorie limit and exercise schedule. I've learned that if you can do this, then there isn't an excuse in the world that can stop you. I've learned that as you go day to day, and those days start to add up, the food and exercise discipline become less of a big deal. It just becomes part of you. Everything else that goes on makes up your days and nights, the food and exercise is just a constant in the background. It's like starting out driving a car with standard transmission. At first, switching gears and adjusting to the clutch and the demands of the road is a little intimidating and jumpy, then it gets easier and smoother, and after a while you almost forget you're driving a manual transmission...It becomes an automatic. But the only way to get to that point is to do it everyday, stay consistent, and learn. That's exactly what I've done over the last 50 days. I'm excited for the many changes that will come about over the next 50 to 100 days. I'm really looking forward to hitting the first 100 pound goal. Then a short time later hitting 115. I'm looking forward to hitting 115 more than 100, and not just because it's 15 pounds more. 115 Pounds is how much I lost back in 2004 before I gained it all back! I'm not going to stop and celebrate...No! I'm just gonna put my head down and power past it!

It's very cool to run into people you haven't seen in a while and they notice. “You look like you've lost some weight”... and I say “I have and thank you for noticing!” I know I have lost, I know I'm starting to look a little different, but when someone who had no idea I was doing this notices, it's a real booster! When somebody already knows what you're doing, you wonder...Do they really see the difference? Or are they just being nice? But when they didn't have a clue, that's really cool. And then it gets really nice when the changes are unmistakable. Every now and then someone will ask me the big question. “So what are you doing?” And I tell them, I'm counting calories, 1500 a day, and I'm exercising. Then sometimes they go further... “So, what are you eating?” My answer? Anything and everything within reason. It can really confuse people. “Anything?” ...yes, anything. Let's re-visit the list shall we? I've lost 50 pounds and counting eating: pizza, hamburgers, grilled chicken, steak, fried chicken nuggets, baked potatoes with sour cream, lasagna, bratwurst, ice cream cones, mini banana splits, fudge bars, dream bars, Snickers, fresh fruit, oatmeal, non-dairy coffee creamer, sub sandwiches, barbecue ribs, fried catfish, Quarter Pounder with Cheese, french fries, Doritos, potato chips, wheat thins, cheese it's, breakfast sausage, fried egg sandwich, eggs over easy, two and three egg omelets, grilled cheese sandwiches, hotdogs, hot links, deep fried mushrooms, ham, sharp cheddar, chili cheese dogs, onion rings, cookies, rice, corn, green beans with cheese, tacos, tostadas, bean burritos, chicken burritos, fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, hard candy, Funyuns, popcorn, popsicles, baked beans, chips and salsa, macaroni and cheese, ramen noodles with ground beef, barbecue chicken, beef stew, meatballs, stuffed mushrooms, fried shrimp, coconut shrimp, chicken noodle soup, Whopper JR's with mustard instead of mayo, cheesy potato bites, scalloped potatoes, pork chops, grilled onions and peppers, sautéed mushrooms, beef roast with roasted carrots and potatoes, chili, pepper steak, pudding, jello, summer sausage, luncheon meats, cheese slices, bread, miracle whip, mustard, pickles, turkey, chicken enchiladas, granola bar, apple sauce, and, and...I'm sure I'm missing something, but this is a pretty diverse list. Having the freedom to choose is such a wonderful thing! I'm proving that I can lose weight and drastically improve my health without any magic diet wonder drugs and without drinking meal replacement shakes and bars. If you've read these blogs on a regular basis you know it's all mental. It's making a decision. I know that every choice I make has a consequence. If I can make a majority of those choices good ones, then I will succeed. Going back to what I said at the start of todays blog... It's all about adjusting to the peaks and valleys of your everyday life and making the right decisions along the way. Some might think that's were it gets tricky, you have to make the right decisions. What if I accidentally make wrong decisions? My answer to that is real simple. When it comes to foods, portions, and exercise, you know when something is a bad decision. Not exercising? Bad decision. Eating the entire pizza? Bad decision. If you're not sure of the calories, look it up! With nutrition labeling and the internet you can find the calories in just about anything!

I plan on stopping by the doctors office tomorrow and checking my blood pressure. At some point I hope I won't need that little pill everyday. The last three times I've had it checked it's gone down. I really think that once I hit the 150 pounds lost mark, I may not need 'em. I'd like to lose the need for the CPAP machine too. Could happen! We'll see! Good night and...

Good Choices,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. You really have the right idea Sean. Everything within reason. And the reason is portion control. You rocked it!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.