Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day 52 Hold On, This Storm Will Pass

Day 52

Hold On, This Storm Will Pass

I don't like deer. I've never been in an accident with another vehicle, knock on wood. But I've crashed into five deer in my twenty-one year driving career. (One actually hit us) Five?!!? What are the odds? If I could just transfer that luck over to the Powerball then I would be one of those multiple winners you sometimes hear about. Another deer lost it's life to my Town and Country. The first deer to perish at the grill of my van was in late July 2006. I don't really know what happened to this one because it bolted after impact. I still have it's hair and some blood on my vehicle. It would be real easy to get depressed about this and the fact that I chose a super high deductible to save a little on the premium. But I really have to give thanks. Accidents with deer and other large animals can easily end with a fatal accident. I've had five and never been injured once. I give thanks for that. Once again I have to overcome the natural feelings of self-pity and look to a higher level of thinking. Sorry about the deer, but I'm alive! And that's all that matters. Sometimes it's easy to feel like the storms of life are doing every thing they possibly can to capsize you. When it rains it pours, if it's not one thing it's another, If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all...These are all phrases that come to mind during times like these. But as bad as it sometimes seems, I have to realize that many people have it much worse. I'm really a lucky one. I have every opportunity to succeed and see brighter days and I will. How I let adversity effect me is crucial to my weight loss efforts. When unexpected bad things happen I have to elevate my “self-security”. My internal calorie policeman gets some overtime. The little Richard Simmons inside me also has to keep me in line. Remember, it's difficult times that I've always allowed to be an excuse to quit. After fifty-two days, there is no such thing as quiting, this is it, I'm doing this come hell or high water, or a pack of suicidal deer. Would it be a “pack” of deer? Or a “thicket” of deer? Maybe a “gaggle” of deer? Google just told me they're called a “herd” of deer, of course. Whatever...I don't like them.

I made it through the morning without my usual two or three cups of coffee! Even after I discovered we didn't have tea bags! I just knew we had some at the studio, but no, no we didn't. I sipped water all morning. I'm getting some tea bags! Some things are easier to give up than others. Coffee will be a simple one for me. I knew of a broadcaster who sipped hot water every morning. Hot water, no caffeine, no sweet flavor, just really hot water. I don't know about that, I want some flavor in my hot beverage, you know what I mean?

I'm very proud of so many people who are doing this too. You know who you are. Some have just got back on the wagon after a brief setback, and that's awesome. We can do this together! I really feel your support every time you read the blog and every time you leave a comment. When I check the number of readers everyday, it gives me an amazing boost of confidence and determination. Keep reading, because we've just begun my friend. These times are the beginning of great things on this journey and we're getting there every single day. Good night and...

Good Choices,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. I wish you well with switching so abruptly from coffee to green tea. (I haven't looked ahead to see how this played out.) Water and tea are all that I drink, mainly water but one or two cups of tea per day. I can no longer stand the taste of Diet Coke, which I used to drink regularly until three and a half years ago. At that time my soon-to-be-husband gave up cigarettes for me (due to my asthma), and I gave up Diet Coke to spare myself its neurotoxic effects. I've never been much of a coffee drinker, but do enjoy a "cuppa" whenever I feel the need for some caffeine. I try to drink green tea but often go with other types, generally the low-cost generic black tea except for special occasions.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.