Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day 68 The Thrilling Conclusion Of "Not Yet Titled"

Day 68

The Thrilling Conclusion of “Not Yet Titled”

The wedding I attended tonight was probably one of the most unique I've ever attended. It was baseball themed. Everything was all about the Cubs. The grooms cake was shaped like a Cubs hat. It was really cool. All of the food at the reception was ballpark fare. Each table was supplied peanuts, popcorn, and pretzels. The main course? Hot dogs and nachos! It was really simple staying within my calories. I had a hot dog with mustard, six tortilla chips with a little cheese sauce, and a few peanuts. I stayed clear of the cake! It looked really good, but I didn't want to push my calories to the limit and cake really has never made me that weak, so it was easy to pass up. I wasn't the only one either, several people I noticed passed on the cake. I got out of there on less than 450 calories. I was allowing for six hundred, but decided to enjoy a late night snack later instead of cake.
I'll finish this days blog in the morning. I'm falling asleep here at the computer!! It's been a long but successful Day 68. To be continued!

OK! It is now nearly twelve hours later. I had planned on finishing up the Day 68 edition early this morning but my snooze alarm convinced me otherwise. Wow, I needed some rest. Yesterday was a really long and tiring day. I knew I was too tired to write when I almost mistook a super glue stick for lip balm. That could have been hilariously tragic! Last night at the wedding, Bill commented on how slow I was eating my hot dog and nachos. I never slowed down before Day 1, but when you start taking the focus off the food, and start focusing on the things and people around you, it's real easy. I was visiting and talking, and you can't talk with your mouth full right? My food wasn't going anywhere, so I finished in about twenty minutes or so, had no desire for more, and was very satisfied with my calorie performance. Another really cool experience was all of the people that took the time to notice my weight loss so far, and a few even talked about this blog. These are the experiences that make it so easy to continue on strong and confident. It was very nice! I took the time to enjoy the conversation and appreciate the grandeur of the Marland Mansion. The home is so magnificent. As the bride and groom danced along the ballroom floor, I couldn't help but imagine the many formal events that must have been held in that very room during the days of the Marlands. It must have been some kind of amazing experience being a successful oil man in early day Oklahoma!

Today was the morning for the YMCA Turkey Trot 5K. I really wanted to be there but I had a live broadcast to do at Wal-Mart. I know that this is suppose to be about Day 68, but don't worry, this busy Saturday will produce plenty to ponder late tonight for the day 69 entry. I really didn't give myself time for breakfast this morning before leaving early for the 9am broadcast, so I picked something up at Wal-Mart. Doing a live broadcast from Wal-Mart is really cool for many reasons, one being you get to park the station vehicle right up on the sidewalk next to the building! That's right, like I owned the place! You would think, being in Wal-Mart, that I would make the absolute best choice for a quick breakfast. I didn't really. I found a king size Rice Crispy treat for 320 calories and a Vitamin Water. I consumed about a third of the Vitamin Water when I discovered something that floored me! That little 20 ounce bottle of Vitamin Water had a whopping 150 calories! What? Are you kidding? Am I on candid camera? 150 calories for some flavored and fortified water? No thank you! I'm sure it's loaded with all things good for you, but for me, well, I just don't like spending a bunch of calories on drinks. There are too many zero calorie drink choices, it's just a waste to spend them on liquids. I was totally reeled in by the Vitamin Water bottle,and the word “water.” I didn't even look at the calories prior to opening, I was just sure it was zero. I quickly threw it in the trash and did without! I wasted 50 calories on that thing! It just served as a reminder to always read the labels! I wonder how many more bottles Coke would sell if they started calling it “Coke Water.” I would buy it once at least, then read the label and throw it away. A customer at Wal-Mart and a stranger to me said something very mean to me during the broadcast. It was really weird. Usually adults behave like adults. I stopped being hurtfully teased about my weight around the 9th grade, so this guy really surprised me. I was eating my rice crispy treat breakfast when he walked by my booth and said in a very hateful and negative tone “so, are you just gonna sit there and eat those all day long?” No he didn't! Yes he did!!! I responded with a confused glare and a mouthful of rice crispy treat. I glared at him as he walked away, eventually disappearing into the depths of the store, but it bugged me for the next hour or so. That guy didn't know me at all. He didn't know how committed I am to this journey, he doesn't know the network of fantastic support this blog has created for me, he doesn't even know about this mission at all! All he could see was a morbidly obese man sitting in the middle of Wal-Mart eating a rice crispy treat, and the sight completely overloaded his small mind, and he blurted out something hateful. What a miserable existence he must endure, bless his hateful heart. It really bothered me, but like I said, only for an hour or so. I really wanted to track him down in the store and tell him my story and all about what I'm doing, but I decided he wasn't worth my time and energy, besides Wal-Mart was paying for me to be there to promote specials and give away turkeys, not explain my entire life to some crazy customer who is an “inappropriate talker” and has never learned how to conduct himself in public.

If you want to reunite with long lost friends or colleagues, just hang out at Wal-Mart for four hours. I enjoyed seeing a few people I hadn't seen in years. I gave them the address to this blog and glowingly expressed my excitement over the changes I'm experiencing. It was cool to catch up with old friends. So remember, before you hire a private eye to search for long lost people from your past, hang out at Wal-Mart first! I've got to do better about staying in touch with people!

I'm scheduled to host the show at the Poncan Opry tonight. It's a Branson type variety show live on the historic Poncan Theatre Stage. I'm very excited and honored that they asked me to be a part of it! I can't wait to tell you all about the wonderful array of goodies I'm sure to dodge in the greenroom and backstage! If you're in the Ponca City, Oklahoma area, the show starts at 7:30 tonight, tickets are only $12 for adults, $6 for children under twelve. Would love to see you there! Until later tonight, good afternoon and...

Good Choices,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.