Monday, January 7, 2013

A Calm Reflection

A Calm Reflection

I'm sipping my warm Natural Calm and reading a few blogs before I turn in for the night. 

I awoke this morning with a painful sore throat, the worst I've had in years.  I quickly called in backup to do my morning radio show.  A sore throat to someone who talks for a living isn't good.  I eventually made it to the doctor and found it wasn't strep.  The doctor concluded sinus drainage the culprit.  He suggested over the counter remedies.

I've stayed in all day and had plenty of time to think about where I am and what I'm doing and have been doing lately.  I have been very hard on myself.  And as much as I talk about putting the past behind and moving forward, it's clear that I've been doing the opposite.

So, not another word about the past 7 months from me.

I've said it from the very beginning, my goal--my truest desire, is to become someone who eats normal portions at appropriate times.  To be someone who doesn't turn to food for emotional comfort.  To be someone who takes care of himself and puts some careful thoughts into the choices and actions becoming me.

Getting reconnected with my blog and your support has been a wonderful choice.  This blog isn't an outlet for self-abuse, where I pick a-part every single move I make.  I know what I want and I'm making it so.  I was going through some of my old notes and posts today and I immediately came across "This isn't about perfection.  Pursuit of perfection is a detour to insanity.  This is about living and learning, and applying the lessons along the way."  Selective forgetting is sometimes so very easy.

I'll never forget certain things, though.  I've been blessed with many wonderful experiences along this road.  It's been beautiful in many ways.  I'm very lucky, very blessed.

Today was a good day for reflection and healing.  This Natural Calm feels so good on my throat...wow...Very nice.

Today was good.  And I sincerely thank you for the wonderful support.

Goodnight and...

Good Choices,
Sean

6 comments:

  1. good. beating ourselves up will not help us move forward. Feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you discovered a hidden benefit from that crummy sore throat: time to slow down and do some reflecting, some healing. I'm smiling for you.

    A most wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is easy to lose focus and get off on the wrong track. Anyone that attempts to do any long term, like losing weight, can agree to that. I am so glad you are back to doing your blog. I know that when I do mine it helps me to be totally honest with myself. In my time off from work this past month I did some reflecting of my own and set my new goals. Two goals of 100 each but you have to read it to see what it is. I have managed to break it all down into baby goals and I feel pretty confident about my long term goals.
    I am so glad I came across your page you are been an inspiration. Hope you are feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. God Bless you Sean & feel better soon!! Remember you are never alone on this journey! We all can totally relate to you. No one is perfect and it's not how many times we fall, it's how many times we pick our self back up my friend.
    Hugs, Paula :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better SOON! In the meantime, enjoy the "down time" and let your body get the rest it needs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon! I'm glad you realize how hard you were being with yourself. This is for life.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.