Friday, July 10, 2015

July 10th, 2015 Needed Nurturing

July 10th, 2015 Needed Nurturing

My schedule today was challenging. Working on too little sleep, I made it until 1pm before calling it a day--then headed home from the studio for lunch, a nap for a recharge--then a location broadcast from 5-7pm, followed by play rehearsal from 7:30pm to nearly 10pm.

My original plan was based on my confusion over the start of the broadcast. For some reason, I thought it was an earlier broadcast. Had it been earlier, I might have had more time for an early dinner and possibly a workout. Instead...

No intentional workout (although my activity level was high enough to get a decent calorie adjustment from Fitbit) and a super late dinner wrapped up the day. I've been burning the candle at both ends and this isn't good for me. But, it is temporary--and I'm loving what I'm doing, so I truly have zero complaints.

Since my private stand-up gig was booked last minute, on Wednesday, I haven't had time to sit down and put together my set list and write specialty material for this corporate client's Saturday night show. My schedule is basically clear tomorrow, so I'll be devoting from morning until night putting together a solid 1/2 hour set. No worries. I've done this many times. I usually have a little more lead time to write specialty stuff, but hey--I still consider myself a pro and It will be fun and funny, bottom line. 

OMGoodness...what if they don't laugh? I've never approached a show without that thought somewhere in the back of my mind--and sometimes in the front. For me and many comics I know and worked with at one time, it's not the negative you might think. The thought keeps you on your toes--and when they do laugh and it crushes the will they laugh thought into oblivion--it makes it even better.

It wasn't that long ago when I wrote about my desires to do more acting and more stand-up and how these things were a part of me that needed nurturing for the sake of my personal happiness. I'm nurturing the heck out of 'em now! And despite the schedule, I'm much happier!

Hitting the pillow a little earlier tonight. I'll sleep in a little bit--enough to make a difference, then I'll hit the ground running on getting this stand-up set ready.

My food today was absolutely delicious. It was Italian day for me,---pizza for lunch and pasta for dinner!

My Tweets Today:


























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.