Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July 1st, 2015 The McSeatBelt Story

July 1st, 2015 The McSeatBelt Story

I did not manage myself as well as I did yesterday, today. I wasn't able to get my workout done before preparing dinner. Rehearsal was at 7pm. By the time I made it home, I had just enough time to plan, prepare and pack my evening meal. I did that well, took it along for the ride and enjoyed it, mostly before we started working scenes and some during rehearsal. I was proud of that. I'm not too happy about missing my workout. I was planning to hit the walking train after rehearsal, but I stopped myself. I need rest tonight, more than I need exercise.

I took care of my calorie budget, maintained my abstinence from sugar and once again exceeded my #watergoal, this time by 32oz.

The seat belt thing from last night's post reminded me of a true story I shared very early on in the existence of this blog. I've decided to share it tonight. I've re-formatted this excerpt. Apparently, when I started this blog--I just wrote in one big run-on paragraph. Anyway, this goes way back!

From Thursday October 9th, 2008, Day 25:

A few months ago I was getting ready to head home one evening when I decided that instead of cooking, we would have McDonald's. I drove to the drive through and loaded up with nearly twenty bucks and 4500 calories worth of double cheeseburgers, Quarter Pounders with Cheese, a Filet-O-Fish with extra tarter sauce, and another bag dedicated to the fries.

We were going large that night.

I was nearly three blocks away from home when a motorcycle police officer pulled me over. He walked up to the passenger side window and stuck his head in right above all that food. I can't believe he didn't sneak a fry or two, they were right there in his face and the hypnotizing aroma filled the van. 

He told me that he was pulling me over because I wasn't wearing a seat belt. I want to wear it, and I've tried to wear it, I've even given myself a charley horse in my side trying to buckle that thing, it just will not click. 

So I told him that I couldn't wear the seat belt because it didn't fit. I went on to tell him that I was working on losing the weight (a lie at the time) and soon I would be able to click the seat belt without giving myself a hernia in the attempt. He told me to wait right there, and he went back to his motorbike.

I don't know what he was saying on his radio, but I can only imagine the story he told to his fellow officers about the guy who couldn't fit in the seat belt... “then he said he was working on losing weight...the guy had 23 McDonald's bags in the front seat." 

It was real hard to keep a straight face when I told him that I was trying to lose weight while all the hot food right beside me was wafting in his face.

He came back and told me that after considering the circumstances he would give me a warning this time, and that I needed to look into getting some seat belt extenders. I guarantee he re-told that story when he got home...“you wouldn't believe the guy I pulled over today." 

Before he walked away I really wanted to tell him that the food wasn't all for me. I didn't, I was too embarrassed to say anything but thank you. When I got home I told my family about the traffic stop, and despite the seriousness of not being able to fit in a seat belt, we couldn't help but laugh at that slice of comedy gold, then we ate everything in those 23 bags...actually it was only two bags.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm headed to bed. Here's the first day of July via Tweets!

My Tweets Today:


























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

4 comments:

  1. Well I tried posting a comment but it disappeared! Here I go again... (forgive me if it shows back up). This probably won't be verbatim....

    Although I haven't commented any this past year and I have read your blog through a few times, your story made me smile. I doubt that there is a single one of us who couldn't see ourselves in that position.
    It has been heartwarming to see the changes you've made WITHIN yourself (and truly that is the one that matters the most)... from self loathing to self loving. After all your diligent work, and yes I mean work...i.e. daily blogging, food diary, posting food pics, exercise, weighing and cooking, etc... you have now made it back to your spoken/unspoken weight goal. I have no doubt with all the tools you have incorporated into your daily life, you'll maintain a healthy weight as well as a healthy mind.

    I'll continue to read your blog as I always have, and quietly root for you as well as keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie, thank you very much for your support. "From self-loathing to self-loving..." Very true. It's been work, for sure--but worth every single ounce of effort!
      I'm honored that you've read and re-read this blog. One of the big blessings of this entire experience has been the unbelievable outpouring of support.
      I'm blessed and grateful.
      Thank you for rooting me on and for your prayers as I proceed!

      Delete
  2. A TANKER of coffee! That is a jumpy heaven on the highway, and much better than a big bag of burgers. All we need is a VW full of sf hazelnut creamer following right behind it! :D
    Megan in Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Megan! I literally laughed out loud at "VW full of sf hazelnut creamer."
      Thank you for the laugh!!

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.