Saturday, August 5, 2017

August 5th, 2017 ReGifted

August 5th, 2017 ReGifted

It happens every now and again: Someone will walk up and gift me something edible. It happened today at my location broadcast from a grocery store. A staff member of the restaurant (one of the best in the area) across the street from this store, walked right up during the broadcast and handed me a complete ribeye steak dinner with sides and everything. I couldn't politely turn it down, I mean--they prepared it, packaged it, and delivered it right in the middle of the store. I accepted, gave thanks--and since the manager of the store sold this restaurant the ribeyes, he approved me plugging their Saturday night ribeye special on the air. It was an impressive steak. But the calorie count on the steak alone was probably just north of 900 calories, not to mention the potatoes, gravy, and roll. It just didn't fit into my food plan. I quietly "regifted" the dinner to the owner of the broadcasting company I call home. He stopped by to shop. It worked well.

I prepared a good lunch this afternoon and made time for a nap. It was a smart move, as it turns out. I was activated for severe weather coverage tonight. It went on and on and on--and it pushed back my dinner to a ridiculously late hour, but I was okay with it-- Eventually we were knocked completely off the air by what we determined was a break in the fiber optics that carry our signal out of our historic theatre studios and to our transmitter site. Once that happened, there was nothing I could do. I'm an on-air person, not an engineer!! I did notify people who can get us back on the air.

While I did weather coverage in the window-front Poncan Theatre studios, the stage was rocking with an Elvis impersonator. Mom, her brother, sister and brother in-law enjoyed the show. I was able to walk into the auditorium and visit a short bit during intermission. Mom had a great time!

It's after 1am. I'm exhausted and ready to drop.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed very well connected with good support.
Mom attended two real Elvis shows in the 70's. Her review of Kraig Parker's
performance/impersonation was 5 stars! She said, "he sounded just like him!"





















Today's Accountability Tweets:
































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.