Monday, October 23, 2017

October 23rd, 2017 Wonderful Birthday

October 23rd, 2017 Wonderful Birthday

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with good support.

I've had the most wonderful birthday. The tremendous outpouring of birthday wishes was quite simply overwhelming. I'm feeling extreme gratitude--oh my goodness, so blessed and grateful. I heard from both of daughters. Noah suggested I needed a Spiderman themed birthday party. I heard from Irene too--in fact, we're having a family gathering for my birthday on Wednesday at her and Allen's place. I spent some time with mom tonight, and that was wonderful. And oh--check out what I found when I arrived home from work this afternoon.














This Happy Birthday sign was hanging from the balcony of a vacant apartment directly across the way from mine. Brad and Drew, the maintenance supervisors, painted this special honor--and even made reference to me forgetting my age! They're good people. It was very special! I noticed it the second I pulled in the driveway. I was smiling ear to ear. Pretty cool thing to do!

I made my way up to the apartment and found that my good friend Karen had decorated my apartment with balloons, streamers, and a giant happy birthday banner. It was like walking into a surprise party!

I prepared a good dinner after my Monday night group support call then headed to see mom for a birthday night visit.



















I just love to see her smile--and when her eyes are smiling, too--that's when you know, she's doing well!

I'm looking forward to the family gathering Wednesday evening. It'll be a fun evening of visiting, great conversation, and plenty of laughs guaranteed!

I'm still amazed at how convinced I was about the age thing. I really thought I was turning 47 today. When I discovered I wasn't--it was seriously a shock. I just hadn't done the math. I missed my 45th year altogether. How strange. I've heard from several who've done the same thing. I know--I keep going on about it, but that's just because I was 100% convinced--so now, turning 46 feels like going back in time for a do-over of sorts.

I just want to mention-- I feel bad not personally responding to each and every birthday wish...it just got overwhelming very fast, and it was impossible to keep up. If you took the time to wish me a happy birthday today, thank you, sincerely. You helped make my birthday a very special one.

Today's Accountability Tweets:
























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.