Tuesday, October 31, 2017

October 31st, 2017 It Was A Treat

October 31st, 2017 It Was A Treat

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded today's water goal, I stayed connected with good support.

I'm flooded with memories of Halloweens long ago. I remember how much fun it was when I was a kid--and how we loaded giant sacks full of candy...pouring it out at the end of the night and sorting it in order--from best to worst. Then I fast forward to when my girls were young--and the costumes they wore, and the excitement they shared--and the candy bars I'd steal from them, every single year. I would "charge" them candy as a "pass" to the next block as if I wouldn't drive them if they didn't pay up. I'm not proud of that--it happened. My years of all-I-could-eat candy on Halloween kept me from fully enjoying the real treats in my life.

I'm relieved to no longer live my own personal madness on this day. I'm happy to report, one more time--I made it through this day without devouring "treats." That's something I don't take for granted. It's truly a miracle to me--and I don't say that lightly.

I enjoyed several treats today.

It was a treat to leave work early and take mom to the store for her Halloween hat and some clothes. It was a treat to enjoy a rare middle of the week lunch out with her. It was a treat to see my grandson Noah dressed in his Jack Skellington costume. It was a treat to witness his excitement for the night ahead of him. It was a treat to be a part of two powerful group accountability and support calls. It was a treat to be able to see these things as treats.
My grandson Noah stopped by before Trick-Or-Treating.
I surprised him with my facepaint!












































I LOVE this photo of Noah in his costume at my birthday party.

Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.