Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 92 Losing Weight Is My Sunshine

Day 92

Losing Weight Is My Sunshine

It's amazing how heading in the right direction can completely change your outlook on things. Everything is a little brighter to me. Some things that use to stress me out completely, still stress me, but just not as much. Things that I always knew I should do, but was too lazy to even try, seem easily doable. I've talked many times about the positive mental effects of losing weight. This is what I'm talking about. When I'm feeling good, I feel like I could take on the world. And with this weight loss so far, I'm feeling good 96% of the time. I notice this “renewed” feeling all the time. It shows up in little things, like happily springing out of the vehicle to run into a store, when I could've (and normally would've) asked Irene or Courtney if they minded running in. It shows up in big things, like making plans and setting lofty goals. When you're extremely overweight, sometimes just getting through the day is a struggle enough, you certainly don't feel like looking at the future with a positive attitude and goals in mind. It's much easier to work with someone you like. If you don't like the person you see in the mirror everyday, it makes it very difficult to have any kind of positive anything. I'm starting to like the big guy I see in the mirror. I can see and feel changes that seem so much more pronounced than before. I certainly appreciate the changes more than I did in 2004. I have to say, after losing 115 pounds in 2004, then gaining it all back, I had serious doubts if I was ever going to pull it together again. I remember thinking how horribly tough it might be to lose that 115 all over again. I was extremely frustrated and disappointed in myself. And that attitude does nothing but generate more bad attitude. We're not that far away from getting back to where we were. And then we'll go beyond into unchartered territory. I don't have anything to reference beyond 115. So as much fun as the first 75 plus pounds have been, the real fun will start when we hit 116 lost. I can't wait! But I will!! One day at a time, I know, but I get so excited!

One thing I must focus on is my workouts. Truth be told, I've really gone easy on myself. I really feel like I could do so much more than I've been doing. I've talked about “amping up” the workouts, but I haven't really. I've worked out good, don't get me wrong. But there's just a noticeable gap between working out good and doing what I know I'm capable of handling. I'm capable of handling a bigger and better workout. I'm not talking about jogging, not quite ready for that just yet. But I am talking about a more intense cardio routine and weight training to burn fat. If I need my behind kicked for anything so far, it's making plans to upgrade my workouts, even talking about in this blog, then not following through. I still get a workout, but not like I need and could do. I have to be very careful because I tend to get into a “comfort zone.” A comfort zone encourages the absolute minimum that is required to maintain “the comfort” part. I have to make a bigger commitment and break out of that area I seem to love. When I do, I'll see dramatic increases in my results, both pounds and inches wise. I'm not going to say what I'm going to do here and when I'm going to do it, because I've already done that. It's time to stop talking about it and start doing. But believe me, when the workouts reach a new level, you'll be hearing about it in these pages for sure!

I can't believe it's Day 93 tomorrow. When I look back and read over the early days of this blog, I can truly appreciate how far I've come. Now, as I look ahead, my destination doesn't look that far away. I'm doing it! I'm really, really, really doing it. I'm so happy about this. I'm going to hit the hay and get ready for Day 93 in a few hours. Good night and...

Good Choices,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.