Monday, March 2, 2009

Day 168 Bonus Blog---A Sampling of Your Support--Reader Comments Part 1

Day 168

Bonus Blog—A Sampling of Your Incredible Support—Reader Comments Part 1

This will make about the twenty-fifth time I've said this, but when I started this blog I had only two objectives in mind. I wanted to keep myself accountable and I wanted to inspire my family to follow my lead. That's it! What started out so small has now grown into a major blessing for me and my family. I'm so grateful and extremely appreciative of every single reader this blog attracts. And since new readers are coming along everyday, I thought I would post some reader comments from both the myspace version and the “global” version. I'm just randomly selecting a few in this part 1 bonus blog. Part 2 through ??? will be posted in the future!

From Day 1 on Myspace:

I like this!! and very well written!! You can do this buddy I know you can and you will!! Just remember I am always right here all the way!!! I love you so much and I do still believe in you, I really do, I know you dont think I do but I do and I know you can do this and I am very proud of your day one and so thankful the cookie didnt win!!!
love always and forever,
your buddy
Posted by ♥sugar♥ on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 7:06 AM

GOOD JOB DADDY!
I am so proud of you. I know you can do this! You have done it before...but this time we are going to stay on track, and get to our goal weights because it WILL make us much more HAPPIER. I haven't been doing too great on my cal. counting...but after reading this..it makes me want to do better. I still need to work out today...because I didn't yesterday. Reading this does motivate me! I hope you keep up the writing in this blog...I think it will help me too....reading about you!
I love you so much daddy.
We are going to all feel much better getting the weight off.
I miss you like crazy.
Love your proud daughter,
Amber
Posted by ♥ amber ♥ on Tuesday, September 16, 2008 - 1:52 PM

Day 1 from “Global” version:
(not actually posted on Day 1, Ginger had just discovered the blog when she wrote this wonderful comment on January 10th:)

Ginger said...
Good for you, Sean! I discovered your January 9th post and then came here to learn more about your mission and follow your progress. It will take me a while to catch up with you, but I will do my best to accomplish that. So far I am very impressed with your zeal to meet your goal. I'm still working on mustering enough motivation to take the plunge, so I find your story inspiring.
January 10, 2009 6:30 AM

From Day 2 on Myspace:

I love you buddy!!!!!! Day 2 down......
Belief makes everything possible
In order to succeed
you must first believe that you can
The only true limit
to your realization of tomorrow
will be your doubts of today
The moment you carry
the conviction of belief...
in that moment...
your dream will become reality
If you think you can
YOU CAN
Posted by ♥sugar♥ on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 2:40 AM

Sean,
This is Scott from 104.7FM The Rocket. A lot of your readers do not know this, but you and I have been friends for many years and many radio stations (TV too). I have seen you go up and down in weight, but the one thing about you that never changes is the person inside. You are such a great person, and you made a significant impact on The Rocket when you were PD here, we never looked at the physical person. Only the person who is Sean Anderson. I know this will be a turning point in your life, and like all challenges you have met ( and brother, you have met some dillies over the years) you will conquer this hurdle also. We all love you, and know you will succeed!
P.S. Please stay in touch more often, dont make me have to come over there!
Posted by The Rocket Radio Network on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 4:09 AM

Sean,
You hit the nail on the head with that "accountability" statement. After I read that, I realized that I, too, don't want to let anyone know when I am going to try to lose weight so that I will not have failed in the eyes of the ones I love the most. Or if I decide two or three days later that I don't want to do it anymore, no one is there asking me why I am eating that piece of cheesecake or drinking a pop instead of water. You are so brave for putting yourself out there like that. I know that was hard for you.
I think this is that moment in life when you just know that you know that it is time. I believe this is going to happen for you. You can and will lose this weight and keep it off. You are an incredible person with a strong personality. You have a support system like no other with Irene. She and the girls love you more than anything and they only want to see that you have the very best.
I am going to go know so that I can contemplate this accountability thing a little more. Maybe it's time that I put myself out there as well.
Love, hugs and kisses
--Rachel
Posted by Rach on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 9:17 AM

Not only does this motivate me, but I sense a little humor in there too.
I seriously love reading this...KEEP IT UP DADDY!
I can't even tell you how proud I am of you.
You will do this.
We all will.
And we will all feel so much better in every aspect of our lives.
And don't worry about the walking trail...it will get easier!
Just keep it up daddy. Don't give up.
I love you with all my heart!
And miss you very much!
xoxo
-ambeee
Posted by ♥ amber ♥ on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 10:58 AM

Daddy, your blogs are amazing!
You have such a talent to write, I really hope this blog does motivate you in every way possible. It's a very interesting blog to read that probably many enjoy.
I know I do (: Just because I don't comment every blog, or if I read it a day late does not mean I don't care about it. I see you everyday and try to support you any way I possibly can. You just got to let me, haha(: But I don't think I'm going to have to be doing much of that, you seem to be in the total right mind set. And I'm VERY proud of you daddy, I know we've been saying we need to lose weight for quite sometime, but this time it's just different.
All together as a family, we WILL lose weight.
No doubt about it(:
Keep of the good work daddy.
I love you with all my heart.
Your daughter :]
Posted by Courtney Renae on Wednesday, September 17, 2008 - 9:48 PM

Psychological analysis:
A person's psychology is basically a "mindset." A mindset is important because it controls our behavior, thoughts and actions. As people grow they develop habits that control their life. These habits are controlled by our subconscious and people are usually unaware of them. A person's subconscious can also hinder their weight loss efforts. the right mindset consists of using many different techniques and strategies to control your behavior by monitoring your actions and thoughts. This will help to replace your old habits with new ones that will be better for you. The reason why most people struggle to lose weight is simply because that lack the right mindset. Some people think they just lack the correct information on how to lose weight but if they had the proper motivation then they would find it. Nothing can stop someone that has a powerful mindset. People like this will always find a way not matter what obstacles they might face. People who struggle to lose weight have just formed habits over their life that have taken control of their lives and stopped them from achieving the goal of weight lose.
Getting in the right mindset is not always a challenge. Its a matter of taking your time and constantly and consciously be aware of your behavior. Some people may find that very simple others it may require a good amount of will power.
Some strategies and techniques that are easy to apply and will keep you motivated, determined and committed and make you emotionally charged and driven to succeed are:
*Write your goals down.
*Set small goals to achieve first...then go for bigger ones.(Because the best way to set a weight loss goal is to set more than one. Have one long-term goal and then break it down into smaller goals.)
*Focus on your goals everyday
*Put emotion behind your goals.
*Keep a journal.
I thought I would throw that all in there..haha since you said "my psychology major daughter" haha
I LOVE YOU DADDY!
I am so proud of you.
Sorry I am reading day 3 a little late, I just haven't been on the computer.
But I LOVE YOU.
Keep up the good work!
You are doing great.
And you will continue to keep doing great because you now are in a strong and powerful mindset!
I miss you.
I love you.
-Your Psychology Major Daughter
Amber :)
Posted by ♥ amber ♥ on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 11:45 AM

Day 4 down and gone Good Job baby, Iam glad the walking is getting easier and it will continue to, and good job with the temptations....that will get easier too!!!
Iam proud of you and good good good job!!
love always your buddy
Posted by ♥sugar♥ on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 1:32 AM

Wow, fried mushrooms and banana splits! That sounds great!...sigh. Anyhow, I have no choice but to comment on temptations. Here is my story...
I RARELY go to lunch with anyone unless it is my husband and that is usually only a couple of times a week. So I thought it would be pretty easy to make good choices. Well, wouldn't you know that I am on my third day IN A ROW of people who want to have lunch with me! That NEVER happens! Day 1, they wanted to go to Red Lobster, day 2, El Tapatio and today, I haven't found out yet, but at least the person who wants to go today wouldn't mind if we ate a little healthier. Needless to say, it is hard to make good choices when you go out to eat, especially if you don't have a rolling index of calorie counts in your head. I figured I would guess at what would be a better choice and it hasn't gone so bad just yet.
... Oh, and did I mention that Sonic just HAPPENS to be promoting the 99 cent junior banana split right now. I swear I think the powers that be are against me!!
At any rate, it is helpful knowing that you guys are up there facing the same things I am. (And if you're not, you better lie to me and tell me that you are and that everything will be ok) : )
I am so proud of all of you for doing this thing. And you are great for being our fearless leader, Sean. Keep up the good work. I know this will happen!
--Rach
Posted by Rach on Friday, September 19, 2008 - 6:32 AM


I'll post many more from later days soon, but right now---here's a few really recent comments:

Anonymous said...
I know a father could not be any prouder of his son as I am of you. your dad, veyon
February 28, 2009 5:03 AM

Krisha said...
I want to be where you are at right now. I've had a rough couple of months... I've been "MIA" lately.
It's been about a week since my Grandmother (Dad's mom) passed away. I've been doing ok but I must say that it's been VERY emotional......
February 28, 2009 1:00 AM

And here's the most recent comment from Ginger, the reader in North Bay, Ontario Canada after I had replied to a message from her, telling her how I was picking apart my grammatical errors from the kick-off speaking event:

Hi Sean,
I nearly fell over when I read that you are so self-critical and faulting yourself for grammatical errors that I never even noticed! I'll bet those high school English teachers never noticed, either, because your presence, message and delivery were so powerful. You have a wonderful talent for communicating effectively. Your "That Guy" story made me laugh until I cried, even though I had already read your post about that encounter! Your honesty and sincerity really do come across well. I'm glad that you recognize that. Combining those qualities with the art of comedy is a winning combination for a motivational speaker. You, my friend, are a natural!
We got a big kick out of the "woo hoo" at the mention of North Bay, Ontario! That was very funny. There always seems to be a Canadian in every big crowd! And Canadians, I find, LOVE to hear Canada mentioned in public...in a good way, of course. So I'm glad that you mentioned my story a bit. You have permission to use my name if you wish. Thanks for waiting for me to give you permission. I'm not the only overweight person with breathing difficulties due to lung problems, so perhaps hearing that I am now trying to become as fit and healthy as I can, and have been motivated by your enthusiasm to lose excess weight the natural way--eating less and exercising more, will help someone else who feels trapped by a medical condition and has been leading a sedentary lifestyle and become overweight. It's easy to say "I can't" and give up. You said that quite effectively in your talk. But when motivated we CAN do something. Maybe not as much as people who only need to lose weight and exercise to be fit, to be like "That Guy", but we can do things to help us become as fit as our bodies can be, considering irreversible damage that has occurred to any part of it.
You will be a fantastic motivational speaker, Sean. I know it. And when you have the physique you want and are standing before a crowd of people looking at you the way that you looked at "That Guy" (!), you will have all those great before, during and after photos and video clips to intersperse in your talk to make your story real to those people. So keep getting your photo updated and otherwise mugging for the camera. Not only will the photos serve you and your readers well now, as they are incredibly motivating, but they will serve you and your audiences well in the future.
You keep blogging and I'll keep reading.
Ginger

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With this kind of support, how could I fail? You have given me a wonderful gift with your words!
There will be much more of these “Reader Comment” Bonus Blogs in the Future---So if you didn't see one that you left for me, just know it's coming! And know that I thank you very much for your continued support! There have been so many wonderful comments from my cousin Debbie, Dana, my cousin Steve's wife, Sherri, and many many others! It's such a wonderful blessing. Good night and...

Good Choices,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.