Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 640 Back In The Groove and Courtney Rocks!

Day 640

Back In The Groove and Courtney Rocks!

I arrived home from my trip late last night; actually, it was early morning by the time I settled into my apartment. But I was fine, all was right and good…I’m ready to get back into the groove around here. Not this morning, oh no…uh, yeah---I jumped up late and raced to the studio just in time to start the show at 6am. I grabbed some food on the way---some scrambled eggs and yogurt, because breakfast just can’t be ignored, and I was good!

Today I was asked if I had any interest in fronting a new restaurant venture. By “fronting,” I believe that means being the “face” of and recipe/marketing consultant for such a venture. Hmmm, that sounds interesting. Without too many details---it would be a restaurant that focuses on real food—prepared in responsible portions, with calorie counts and Weight Watchers points—along with other nutritional information calculated and posted on each meal. It’s purely speculative right now, but it was an interesting idea…and from a marketing standpoint—I’m lovin’ it. Oh wait, that’s—uh, never mind…;) Anyway, we’ll see where that goes. I don’t necessarily have any aspirations to be a hands-on restaurateur, but a “Jared” type with input on menu and marketing, sure…that sounds fun.

This day wouldn’t stop coming. Every moment was full of something. You know what it was missing? A much needed nap, that’s what. And Kenz, it was missing Kenz. I was scheduled to speak briefly at the opening of the “Lose To Win” seminar, and then it was off to play rehearsal. Now before my mom starts worrying about my health and well being, it’s not the same schedule as the play last year---that was a full-length stage production requiring six weeks of intense rehearsals. This is a one-act that will be performed twice, once at the Poncan Theatre and once at the Oklahoma State Theatre Festival in Norman. I can handle that!

Acting, flying, eating, exercising, wearing clothes that I could only dream of wearing not long ago---it’s all mixed into this wonderful ride. When I struggle, and I do occasionally (don't we all?), I shift my focus to all of the good this new lifestyle creates. It’s not always peaches, cream, and dreams…but it’s always positive, and positively a million miles from where I came.

I must share with you all about my youngest daughter Courtney and her boyfriend Bradley. They are taking their journeys by the horns and making it exactly what they want. They work out everyday, sometimes twice a day---and now they’re setting some clearly defined goals. Courtney will be 195 by July 4th and Brad will weigh in at 270 on that day. We talked tonight about what the two of them are doing and why it's working so well. The answer?

They’re keeping it very simple! They have an account at the Calorie Bank and Trust—and they understand exactly how to use that account. Courtney really has a keen understanding of the mental dynamics that are responsible for transforming her father. I’m so happy to hear that she’s doing so well! I will not pressure my girls to do anything, they’re old enough to make good choices—they understand. And that makes me so happy! I’m so proud of you Courtney, you absolutely ROCK!!

It doesn’t make me happy that I didn’t get a good workout today. Every minute was claimed---so I’m good. Perfectly imperfect as always!

What a great week! I’m looking forward to a nice weekend with plenty of rest and some wonderful workouts, and maybe a few “playouts!” I hope to make swimming a part of that plan.

I must submit a before and current picture with that interview I mentioned the other day. I know I’ll use the latest tuxedo picture as the current---but I’m up in the air on the before picture. I’ve posted a few below. If you have a moment---give me your vote for the before shot I should submit.

Thank you for reading. Goodnight and…

Good Choices,
Sean

Photobucket
I know this is the third time I’ve posted this shot…no explanation from me—other than, this is what I’ll submit as a “current” picture for the interview I’m doing. I need help deciding on the “before.”

Before #1
Photobucket

Before #2
Photobucket

Before #3
Photobucket
I hate this one--precisely why it’s such a good “before” shot!

Photobucket
My youngest at the YMCA…This young lady will soon be 17. It thrills me to realize that she can transform her mind and body and never be considered an obese adult! She’s rocking this deal!

21 comments:

  1. I would go with before #3. It is a full body shot and would be great for what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I'd say to go with #1 or #3. I like the first one because you're the only guy in it, but the full body shot is good too..

    You're beautiful Sean...my day isn't quite as 'full' as it should be without you here. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Courtney is rocking it..! There's just no way around that..I know you're a proud daddy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote on Photo #1. Reasoning: The color tone will show up much better in a presentation setting. Photo #2 is too dark, and Photo #3 is too "busy" with other people in the photo -- the emphasis isn't on you and your "size." So I think Photo #1 would show/present the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote for #1, because it's a good match for the After shot. They are both upclose facial shots, and make a good, dramatic pair. The lighting is similar, and both very in focus.

    Plus, all the good observations by Christine! ;-)

    Loretta
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still just amazed by your transformation. You are setting such a great example for your daughter. She will believe in herself with the help of a true inspiration right in front of her....you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tux picture. You look fantastic.

    I vote for Before #2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the tux, you are handsome. I like the full body shot. You are a wonderful example for all of us trying to lose weight. Your daughter is cute. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the tuxedo you look hot!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Christine and Rettakat and think choice #1 would be the best "before" picture for all the same reasons.

    You're looking great in that tux! Keep it up!

    And to your daughter Courtney --Congrats on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If the restaurant becomes a reality, please remember the Kansas City--Belton Missouri area. I read you everyday. I'm at 25# loss with 100 to go. This time I WILL do it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing says it like Before #3.

    ReplyDelete
  13. okay brother..yes you do look hot in the tux..i go with #1..of course i am biased since i am related..hehe but you all look awesome..loveyou all

    ReplyDelete
  14. No brainer - No 1...I think that the imagination is a wonderful thing - and I think that folks will fill in what is below the picture :).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sean, definitely #1. #3 too busy, and I can't believe that is you, still. #2 just don't like it. But #1,there is a sadness in your eyes even though you are smiling. "Take a good look at my face, you'll see my smile looks out of place,if you look closer it's easy to trace, the tracks of my tears." That picture tells a story. Love ya and Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. No question you definitely need to use before #1. What Christine said is exactly what I was thinking.

    You need pictures that are similar, and both are of just you. In #2 you can not see you as clearly. In #3 it is not up close enough and not enough detail on you. Besides like everyone mentioned it has everyone else in the picture and has too much going on. Even if they cropped you out, I still like #1 the best.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you have done amazingly well! Congrats!!! All your hard work is paying off.

    I have to say I prefer 'before' pic #2. It's the closest angle to your current pic and therefore really shows how far you've come.

    ReplyDelete
  18. #2 is the best shot. Your daughter is beautiful, courageous and strong, just like her Dad. Keep up the good work and thanks for helping us all out, you are a wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.