Friday, December 22, 2017

December 22nd, 2017 It's An Action

December 22nd, 2017 It's An Action

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with support! It was a good day. An insanely busy day--but all is well, I'm here and okay!

The past few days have been the most involved in what is annually the busiest week of our broadcast year. The good news is, it's mostly done. Officially, I'm off until January 2nd, technically I still have work to finish. The difference is I'll be able to do that work on my schedule. No 4:30am alarms for me until next year! I'm looking forward to the time off.

When things get slightly chaotic and uncertain, I'm reminded to embrace my daily food plan that keeps me well. This is, of course, the opposite reaction from many many many years of diving head first into the food with the slightest stress, emotion, chaos, and uncertainty... what's different now? The action I take now isn't something that comes easy. And it isn't a reaction. It's an action. A reaction is often automatic and mindless, an action is intentional and deliberate. Pausing to act instead of reacting is something I've learned from others along this road. And here's the thing:

When many things are crazy, chaotic, and uncertain, I'm faced with a choice. If I choose to communicate with support contacts, plan well, and carry a good measure of honest awareness--then I really can have one thing where I feel peaceful, calm, and certain...and that's what I get when I make my maintenance food plan important each day, come what may.

I made homemade low-cal onion rings tonight. The simple little recipe is in the Tweet description below. I paired it with a steak gifted me from a colleague this morning.

I'm planning on sleeping in tomorrow morning, for sure! 

Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.