Friday, September 21, 2018

September 21st, 2018 Chipping Away

September 21st, 2018 Chipping Away

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

One thing I've learned over the years is how most things don't change completely overnight. Some things do--but those things are usually the ones beyond our control. The things we work on--the intentional focus and attention toward better things take time to get firm; to develop and evolve, and that requires patience. My schedule and making sure I'm rested and ready for any particular day is one of the foundational things I'm working toward because it supports everything else.

I'm stubborn though--so breaking through to better habits and behaviors takes time! Writing this blog in the morning instead of at night was one move that'll help. Now--I must install some others!

I was doing some chores way too late last night--the laundry and such, also a store trip for some items I desperately needed (apples!) As I'm shopping, I'm thinking--on a work night when the alarm is set for 4:15am, I have zero business shopping anywhere around 10pm!! But there I was. It's okay for right now and today, but at least I'm looking at things instead of denying things. And truly, I'm chipping away at denial--and that means getting an unobstructed, or at least a better view of the truth. That right there is a big part of making changes.

Yesterday's Featured Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. Yes! My computer warns me that I need to get off of it around 8pm so I can get enough sleep. Very helpful. Glad you are prioritizing sleep. It's a huge part of self care and something I have to work harder at doing in my early 50's.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.