Sunday, September 23, 2018

September 23rd, 2018 Rooney

September 23rd, 2018 Rooney

Yesterday: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Finally, I made time for a haircut yesterday. My eyebrows... oh wait, have I shared about my eyebrows? My eyebrows need their own blog. Anyway-- they received their quarterly trim, too. It might seem small and insignificant, but doing things for ourselves, like the salon trip yesterday, feels wonderful and has a bigger impact than just looking human again. When I feel good about me, I'm much more likely to do well in other areas of my continued care and wellness. The eyebrows... oh my, we need another paragraph...

Do you remember the late, great Andy Rooney's eyebrows? He became attached to them--these giant out of control eyebrows became a trademark for Rooney. I don't know if that's the perspective he held, but I do know that CBS and 60 Minutes certainly had a hair and makeup department--and they never touched his eyebrows. Or so it seemed. Maybe they did and his were actually much worse!! Anyway, I write all of this with much respect and love for Andy Rooney. Also, I write this to say, in twenty-years, my eyebrows just might make it into the Rooney league. 

My youngest daughter lucked out--she got her mom's eyebrows. My oldest, uh--got mine. Sorry Amber! I somehow feel like I should pitch in for her eyebrow waxing, trimming, and shaping appointments.

No more rogue eyebrows poking me in the eye. That's happened. At least, not for another few months when I'll need to do this dance again.

I'm eating breakfast as I compose this post. How did it take me years and years before discovering the magic of avocado toast. I read somewhere, someone referring to it as a "millennial" thing. Really? Wrong!! I'm certainly not a millennial. I just love the combination of textures-the crunch of the Ezekiel toast, the creaminess of the avocado--the salt and pepper... I just love these things. But what's interesting to me is, how I can be all about these but at the same time, not feel compelled to compulsively overeat on 'em. It's not a trigger food for me. Good thing, because if it were it would have to go on my trigger list. And that would be a very sad day. Apples, too--never binged my face off on apples, or eggs...or anything currently on my plate.

I enjoyed a nice date night last night. The next few Saturday's include work stuff, mainly independent of the radio station, so I made sure to make time for last night. It was a good experience!

I'm planning on a doing some personal work on my goals this afternoon. The workshop with Gerri included worksheets Gerri put together for us. I plan on working the worksheets later this afternoon.

Mom's looking forward to getting out this evening for dinner and a shopping trip. The changing season and temps have her in "must get cold weather clothing" mode. I guess we'll do a little shopping for her.

I hope your Sunday is an amazing one!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.