Wednesday, January 22, 2020

January 22nd, 2020 Please Add My Mom

January 22nd, 2020 Please Add My Mom

Since our last edition, I've maintained the integrity of my food plan boundaries, I've remained refined sugar-free, I've met or exceeded my daily water goal, I've enjoyed another good workout at the RecPlex, and I've stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Mom wasn't necessarily wrong the other day when she said they were sending her to the hospital, she was just off by a couple of days. Despite her confusion, she knows she doesn't feel well--she's knows something's not right and it scares her. It breaks my heart to see her scared.

I'm writing this from her hospital room while she sleeps. After a long afternoon in the ER, mom is admitted to the critical care unit. She'll get the best care here. The progression of her respiratory failure is serious. The ER doctor on duty today has witnessed several of mom's hospital visits. What he said was rather grim, how this isn't getting better and doesn't get better. It progressively gets worse. Then he asked me for her advanced directive, just in case.

I took a break during the transition from the ER to the CCU. I went to the store and then home to prepare dinner. I've been texting and talking with as many family and friends as I can, keeping everyone up to date on what's going on.

I want to be here for mom as much as possible. I will go home soon for rest--and I'll return in the morning. I plan on taking a personal day from the radio station.

If you pray, please add my mom to your list.

I'm doing well, taking care of me, staying connected with a lot of support, and saying a lot of prayers.

 











Tweet:

Instagram:






Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? I wear mine daily as a constant reminder of why my daily practice of things is important. I'm not alone, either. This powerful message is worn on the wrists of people in a dozen states, maybe more, I haven't counted--but it's up there!! From New York to California and from Canada all the way to Scotland, they're out there! For me, it's simply a daily reminder to be open, willing, mindful, to pause, and to be intentional. If I'm not those things, I get stuck at the line of least resistance and back there is where the old patterns and behaviors thrive. Your order includes priority shipping so you'll get it quickly! Here's the link to order yours right now: https://imchoosingchange.com/product/wristband/

My website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question? Want to share your story? Leave a voicemail or Text me! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

My website: www.imchoosingchange.com

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. Praying hard for your Mom, Sean. And for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't write anymore, but I read daily. And I'm so sad about your mom. Sending prayers for her and you and your family .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping you and your mom in my prayers. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping you and your mom in my prayers. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying Sean !! Thinking of you and especially your mom. glad she is in good hands

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.