Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 581 Nice Weekend and Big Things Straight Ahead!

Day 581

Nice Weekend and Big Things Straight Ahead!

Mom and I had a great Saturday night. It was so enjoyable being on stage and seeing her right there in the second row with a big smile on her face. She was seriously enjoying herself, and she needed that.

While we were grocery shopping the other night, mom asked if we could get some "bars." I said "You mean meal replacement bars?" and she smiled, "well, they're convenient." "I'll cook for you mom, we don't need bars." I understand the convenience of these bars, but I can whip up a low calorie omelet with veggies and cheese in less than seven minutes, and that's pretty convenient for me. This morning I prepared mom a wonderful omelet with grilled green pepper, mushrooms, onions, a slice of American cheese, and topped with salsa. The entire omelet checked in at 200 calories. I used one whole egg and three egg whites---and mom loved it! It's a much more satisfying breakfast--and less calories than a meal replacement bar!

Mom and I have spent a bunch of time enjoying each others company and not enough time exercising. That's not necessarily bad, but seriously--we flat out took the day off today. No excuses here. With that said, here's the workout plan for this week:

Monday: Non-weighted strength training---spinning class---weight training at YMCA
Tuesday: Non-weighted strength training---5K walk/jog
Wednesday: Non-weighted strength training---spinning class----weight training at YMCA
Thursday: Non-weighted strength training--- 6 mile Bike ride
Friday: Non-weighted strength training---weight training at YMCA
Saturday: Non-weighted strength training---mixed 10K--5k walk/jog---5K bike ride

Notice the bike riding on there? Yes---Some good friends of mine found and restored a bike for me. What a wonderful gift, thank you again Linda and Lindel! I made my way over to their place today and checked it out. I'll be taking it home tomorrow afternoon, and I'm super excited to be on two wheels for the first time since my pre-teen years. It's going to be an amazing feeling to ride a bike outside. It's just something that's been out of the question for so long, it's very cool to be able once again.

It rained all weekend here, so no tennis, but I'm hoping to play some this week. I have a tennis partner lined up and ready to go in my friend Whit. And I really want to get down to Stillwater for some swimming. I'll get it done, no problem.

In the archives from exactly a year ago, I found this:

Had to make a trip to the store this morning to grab a few things for Amber and Courtney while we're gone. I wasn't in the store very long when one of the associates asked how much weight I'd lost. I told the nice lady 146 pounds and just then two people let out loud gasp and even louder “wow,” it was a little scene for sure. The first lady then asked and answered her own question. “So how are you doing it?” “Not eating I'm sure.” I quickly corrected her and listed every kind of food I could think of off the top of my head that I've enjoyed along this journey. Sometimes that confuses people even more. I've noticed a puzzled look on people's faces many times after I explain to them my “eat whatever I want” approach. I simply told her that I eat normal food and normal portions. I limit my daily calorie intake to 1,500, drink plenty of water and water based drinks, and I exercise regularly. I don't do pills, or special plans, or anything that cost money whatsoever. I was really proud of myself for the way I handled the situation. Sometimes when somebody is amazed at my progress but confused on how in the world I'm doing it, I will talk for a good five minutes trying to make them understand the simplicity of it all. But not today, I told her what I was doing, how I was doing it, and touched briefly on the mental aspects, all in under two minutes. I think it might have been a record. I can't help it sometimes. When you're as passionate about something as I am about this journey, you just can't help but tell anyone who'll listen.

This hasn't been one of the best weekends for exercise, but it has been a great weekend. We planned a meal over at Irene's place tonight, but Irene had to cancel--she was busy taking care of her sister and didn't get done until real late, and we completely understood. We'll do it some other time!

Thank you for reading. Some big things are on the horizon...a milestone weigh day isn't far away---the crossing point is within reach--the point where I'll have lost more weight than I currently weigh--I'll be half the size I once was. Also, the kick-off for the "Lose To Win -2010" program with Ponca City Medical Center is the 27th. They've asked me to once again speak at the kick-off and I'm honored and excited about the program. The title of my talk will be "Choosing Change Before Change Chooses You." Can't wait! Goodnight and...

Good Choices,
Sean

Photobucket
Mom's omelet this morning. 200 calories of good food!

11 comments:

  1. I like the title of your upcoming motivational speech...yes...you already are a motivational speaker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do motivate me to try the omelet thing. I need a high protein low cal breakfast right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend. I wish I could hear you speak...you should podcast or something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you stopped your mom from eating those meal replacement bars and showing her how to eat real food quickly instead. That is so important. Because when it comes time to maintain you need to be able to make things you have on hand. I bet you can't wait till you cross over that barrier. I just 100 lbs. It feels good. Even though I am not at goal, just saying it solidifies your accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that omlet looks great. I am going to write that down. I need suggestions for breakfast meals. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The other thing about those bars is they tend to have quite a bit of sugar. So people get sort of addicted them thinking that they're eating something that's OK, healthy. Glad you were able to show her how much better real food can be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats again on the bike. Have funwith your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read the first bike ride story. The sun in your face, the wind in your hair... Take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That omelet picture made me hungry! Fortunately I've got some zucchini parmesan roasting in the oven and some other stuff waiting on the side.

    Enjoy your bike ride :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks good! Can I have one? Something tells me it wouldn't ship well to Pennsylvania. I'm very excited at your progress. Honestly, on days where my own journey seems to be on a bumpy road, I log in and read and realize once again that I CAN DO THIS. I WILL DO THIS. Thank you seems inadequate for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Umm where is your rest day ?? My trainer would have a fit... she says you need a day for your muscles to repair and strengthen..

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.