Thursday, August 4, 2016

August 4th, 2016 I Don't Have To

August 4th, 2016 I Don't Have To

The most important thing I do each day is also the one I'm most private about. I wake up, I sit on the side of my bed and I bow my head. In those moments, I'm the most humble and ego-less I can be. I am powerless. I ask for strength and guidance to do the next right thing, for just one more day. Because the truth is-- I will never have this all figured out. I will never do this all on my own. And the great news is, I don't have to.

Then, I raise my head--keep my eyes closed and meditate for just a few minutes. In this time, I'm envisioning the day. I'm envisioning the commitment to the disciplines I make important each day--what does it look like? How does it feel? These positive visualisations are powerful.

If the day looks challenging or has the potential to be exceptionally challenging, I mustn't turn and run--I must face it and explore solutions and strategies instead of declaring it too much. When I've had too much--and there's no plan in place, I'm at the greatest risk. My plan must include strategies for support and strategies for having what I need, where I need and when I need. I give myself these things each and every day because it's imperative to my continued stability.

And life goes on--I'm working, I'm living, I'm accomplishing things, I'm making time with family and friends important... I have rough days, I have challenging days at work.

My lifestream runs parallel to my fundamental elements stream. These two streams coexist peacefully as long as they do not cross. If I'm handling my life events in direct and proper ways, then I shouldn't ever have the need to sacrifice the fundamental elements of my daily plan. If I'm handling the fundamental elements of my plan in a reasonable fashion, then I shouldn't find myself sacrificing important things in my life.

It's a balance.

I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget today. I also remained abstinent from refined sugar. I stayed well connected with great support. And I exceeded my daily water goal. I did not meet my goal of being in bed by 10pm.

It's never perfect. Good thing that's not a requirement!

Continuous Accountability Live-Tweet Stream:
































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.