Friday, August 5, 2016

August 5th, 2016 Integrity Of Stated Goals

August 5th, 2016 Integrity Of Stated Goals

Every day, I exchange accountability text messages. I declare my goals for the day. This sets up a powerful dynamic because it's much easier to NOT accomplish the goals if I'm the only one that knows about them. So, I share. Occasionally, I'll bite off more than I can chew, declaring to do something that becomes too much of a challenge...other things get my time, and I run out. One of my goals today was to get my workout and dinner finished before heading off to the big Chicago concert. If this was going to happen, I really had to be on top of the schedule.

I'm proud to say I did maintain the integrity of my stated goals. I got a short but powerful workout and I prepared and enjoyed a fantastic dinner before heading out for the big Chicago concert.

Hitting the pillow knowing that the plan was executed well and all of today's goals were met, provides the most positive feeling. This feeling encourages more positive progress. The more times I feel this feeling, the better things become.
 photo IMG_1461_zpsbzcadkft.jpg
Chicago was amazing!
 photo IMG_1476_zpsbsuxyoyx.jpg
With the band backstage before the show. What an awesome experience!

My dinner tonight was one of my favorites. Oven "fried" catfish and sweet potato fries was fast and simple. The prep time isn't too much and everything goes on the same baking sheet, into the oven. I flip the fish and fries once, after about 10-15 minutes at 425 degrees.

Today, I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained abstinent from refined sugar, I exceeded my daily minimum 64oz water goal, I stayed connected with great support and I had a wonderful stair climbing workout.

Oh--and yes, I had the workout and dinner complete before tonight's big show!

I have a location broadcast tomorrow from 11am-1pm at a grocery store's BBQ Rib eating contest. I'll be doing the radio play by play of this crazy event! I'm planning on visiting mom tomorrow afternoon instead of waiting until Sunday evening.  I'm staying in town Sunday and at some point in the afternoon, there will be a guacamole party at my oldest daughter, Amber's house. Maybe even a full blown Mexican dinner, we haven't decided, just yet.

We have storms this early morning--yes, it's ridiculously late or early, depending on your perspective. I knew the storms were developing--it's why I made the coffee so very late! I'm actually in the middle of coverage as I write this blog post.

Continuous Accountability Live-Tweet Stream:










































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.