Friday, September 23, 2016

September 23rd, 2016 Wasn't So Peachy

September 23rd, 2016 Wasn't So Peachy

I'm not sure what happened today. Going in, it didn't appear like it would become so tightly packed. My schedule was almost down to the minute. I really must watch myself--and make sure I'm taking care of me on a day like today. I didn't do horrible today, but it wasn't perfect. It's never perfect!! Perfection isn't my aim. Consistency is my aim. 

What wasn't so peachy about today? I waited too long between breakfast and lunch. Not a big deal, as long as it's the exception and not the rule. And under an elevated stress, I really should have reached out for support more throughout the day. These things might seem small and insignificant, but I assure you--the consequences of allowing inconsistency to creep into the routine of my daily disciplines, are the kind of consequences that can quickly put me at risk for an epic unraveling. Will days like this happen? Of course! Can I be better prepared to handle them? Yes.

One of the things I look forward to each day, is the privilege of  reading some of the private writings of my friend and mentor, Gerri Helms. With her permission, I'm sharing a powerful excerpt from this morning's edition:

"Diets are external solutions, intended to bring one to a healthy body weight. I tried a lot of external solutions, but unfortunately, I’m someone who had too much internal garbage to apply the bandage of a diet and enjoy what they promised. My internal debris was such that I’d return to compulsive overeating again, and again to get that sense of relief I craved. Food promised to deliver it, but it wasn’t a long-lasting fix. Within a very short time, I’d need more food, just to exist."

Let that soak in a little more. Wow. Seeking external solutions for internal debris...the bandage of a diet... Thank you Gerri!

She's good. She's real good.

I'm absolutely thrilled about the next eight-week session of the weight loss teleconference support groups I cofacilitate with Life Coach Kathleen and Life Coach Gerri. Current members always have first rights to their spot in these small and exclusive groups. Still, it looks like we'll have some openings for the sessions starting October 3rd and 4th. If you have any questions, feel free to email me at transformation.road@gmail.com or Kathleen at totalkathy@aol.com 
 photo Better weigh October 2016_zps6xadycjm.jpg

Here's the clickable links for each offering:
Monday Night Primary Group: http://totalkathy.com/?event=a-new-weigh-october-3rd-monday-night-group 6pm Central/7pm Eastern/5pm Mountain/4pm Pacific

Monday Night One-On-One Premium Group: http://totalkathy.com/?event=a-new-weigh-premium-group-october-3rd-800-pm-eastern 7:05pm Central/8:05pm Eastern/6:05pm Mountain/5:05pm Pacific

Tuesday Night Primary Group: http://totalkathy.com/?event=a-new-weigh-october-4th-monday-night-group-800-pm-eastern

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget. I remained abstinent from refined sugar. I did have some support interactions (maybe not as much as I needed)--and it was great. And I met my daily water goal!

Today's Accountability Live-Tweet Stream:






























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.