Friday, September 9, 2016

September 9th, 2016 I Get Me

September 9th, 2016 I Get Me

I felt better today. I grabbed my change of clothes for the gym this morning before heading to the studio. My goal: Get a good workout before going home for the day. I accomplished that goal. And it seemed to make a difference with the panic attack situation of late.

I've received several messages, emails and comments about this issue and I sincerely appreciate each and every one. I haven't had time to respond to each one. The long days, punctuated by too little sleep, isn't a good combination for me or anyone. I recognize that--I'm aware of it, and still--it's a struggle to correct.

I haven't been able to be with mom the last few days and truly, that's weighing heavily. She's doing well--and trust, if she wasn't I'd drop anything and everything to be there. But she is doing well--and getting stronger. My next opportunity to spend time with her will be on Sunday. I'm staying in good contact with her and her doctors.

Things will start easing up at work with the return of a colleague who's recovery from a serious accident. She's been out three weeks. I'm so glad she's getting better and is ready to return.

The eighth anniversary of this blog is next Thursday the 15th. That night, starting at 6pm, I'll be living on a Ferris wheel for 24 hours straight, in an attempt to raise money for Big Brothers/Big Sisters. It's an organization very near and dear to me. That 24 hour period offers some challenges for me--but I'm planning well. I'll handle my food well--and I'll have my laptop along for the ride, so I'll be able to blog on the Ferris wheel.

Also, I'll be marking the 8th Anniversary of this blog by releasing episode one of my new podcast. It's not listed on iTunes just yet--but it's happening! As soon as it's listed, I'll let you know and I hope you'll subscribe!

Speaking of podcasts, I'm looking forward to being interviewed by Heather at Half Size Me for an upcoming episode of that very popular podcast.

I made support very important today. I sent some text messages and made a couple phone calls. These action steps, plus the workout and a gratitude list, has helped reduce the anxiety/panic.

Life Coach Gerri Helms has a way of getting to the point very quickly and perfectly. She offered: "When I get panic attacks like that, I make a phone call. Another person listening diffuses it greatly. I'm usually pole vaulting over mouse turds when in panic mode like that."

I love that. It's so true. The phone calls helped me today. And, as I worked through likely stressors, I realized--these are things that'll be just fine. 1.-Mom is doing better, she's going to be back to 100% very soon. 2.-My workload is about to return to normal. 3.-If my car (still in the shop-awaiting diagnosis) is dead, I'll get another vehicle. Sure, it's not something I was expecting or wanting to do for awhile, but it isn't anything to worry about. It's either fixable or not, both scenarios will work out.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget. I remained abstinent from refined sugar. I stayed well connected with exceptional support. I exceeded my water goal and I enjoyed a much-needed boost of endorphin activity from a fantastic workout.

Funny thing happened today while I was on the phone with Gerri. A colleague, whom I've worked with for over 13 years--and who's witnessed every part of my transformation, offered me chocolate right in the middle of the call. She didn't realize I was on a call. I've declined her offers of sugar laden chocolate candies every single time for almost two and a half years--and each time, I mention-- I don't do refined sugar. I told her that again today and she walked away mumbling something about chocolate being "good for you." I used to thank her for thinking of me before politely declining the invitation. Not anymore. I'm not rude or anything--but after 25 times of saying, "No thank you, I don't eat refined sugar," she should certainly know she doesn't need to put her chocolate bowl in my face. Clearly, she has zero consideration for what I do and what I'm all about. She doesn't get me at all. And that's okay. She doesn't need to get me. I get me and that's enough.

Continuous Accountability Live-Tweet Stream:


































Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you've has such a productive day and that your mom is doing so well. I'm sorry your co worker did that to you. People can be wonderful or terrible people. Keep up the good work. You have a great capacity for seeing to heart of matters. This quality will carry you through. Good night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She just want s you to validate her choices because she doesn't have confidence in them. Not your job....awesome boundary setting.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.