Wednesday, January 11, 2017

January 11th, 2017 A Big Deal

January 11th, 2017 A Big Deal

The downtown area is very active in this community. I get to see the other side of it each morning, when I'm one of a few downtown, right before the day gets moving. I love the stillness of it--it's a strange calm, a peace--and the music the city plays on outdoor speakers echoes throughout the empty streets, adding a soundtrack to the early morning isolation. I was back at work this morning, appreciating this experience and feeling great about today.

I didn't cancel anything, I didn't avoid anything or anyone--I just carried on like normal. The challenges to my speech were minimal--so minimal in fact, I doubt anyone noticed the difference. The missing crown issue really wasn't an issue after all. I even showed up for the TV show taping--and the coach scheduled for our interview, didn't show--so we'll try again tomorrow, and I'll be there. It's not going to be a big deal.

I'm discovering it's only a big deal if I make it a big deal. And doesn't that perspective apply to every single thing in life? 

Figuring out what deserves "big deal" status and what doesn't seems to be something automatic in the absence of mindfulness. If I don't pause long enough to sort out the particulars of any given circumstance, then the importance level is set based on constantly running things, like fear, values, pride and ego. And often it takes on an irrational slant. Everything becomes a really big deal! And here's the real deal:

I don't have a lot of experience with mindfulness in this area. And that's because my first solution to anything and everything, for years and years was: EAT.

These days, I don't use food like that. So I'm challenged to actually process things, feel feelings and arrive at previously unknown places--and there, I can accurately and reasonably decide if something is in fact, a big deal.

This temporary circumstance isn't.

We're short staffed at the studio with people sick--so it was busy at work, but not too bad.

I simply enjoyed today. I took extraordinary care. I made an incredible dinner this evening, at a normal dinner time--and that was great. I stopped by the nursing facility for a visit with mom before heading into the studio for podcast work. I accepted that the next episode will be done at some point in the next day or so--instead of pushing myself too late tonight. I'm ridiculously behind on editing interviews.

I'm really excited about upcoming Transformation Planet episodes with Hope Williams Church, Winifred Morris, Joy Bauer, and a friend of mine named Nathaniel, whom, if you listen, you'll meet soon. Nathaniel is embarking on his own transformation from a starting weight of 671 pounds.

Today's featured tweet:
 

Weighing and Measuring ingredients gives me certainty and helps maintain the integrity of my weight loss maintenance calorie budget. It's a very important element of my personal plan.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget. I remained abstinent from refined sugar. I met my daily water goal. And I stayed well connected with great support.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.