Monday, January 30, 2017

January 30th, 2017 Positive Changes

January 30th, 2017 Positive Changes

Today was one of those non-stop days, start to finish. Okay, that's not completely true--I did grab an hour nap between 4 and 5pm, otherwise, I was moving and getting things done.

I took mom a few things and her laundry tonight. She had the biggest smile on her face. She weighed today and found another loss! She's consistently losing weight in a way that's contrary to her natural perception of "eat less/lose weight." She's eating more, but on a consistent schedule--and this regular nutrition is something her metabolism is loving, obviously. She said, "all those years I tried to lose weight--and now I'm not trying, and I'm losing weight." 

Part of mom's therapy plan is working toward getting her completely off the added oxygen machine. I was pleasantly surprised to find mom sitting in the common area this evening without her oxygen machine. She has her own oximeter and she's constantly checking her blood oxygen levels. After being off of it nearly all day, she's still averaging low to mid 90%. All of this improvement is very promising. I'll pick her up late morning tomorrow for a doctors appointment with a physician right here in town.

My food is on track, but little else qualifies for that honest distinction. I'm making some improvements on some things--but there's plenty of room for positive changes.

The most interesting thing to me is how a non-negotiable stance can be applied to certain things, but in areas where it's also desperately needed, it's difficult to elevate to this absolute status. It's almost like I'm holding on to certain things--doing the minimum non-negotiables and taking a pass on the others in the name of, look how well I'm doing in this area!! But here's the deal: These other elements--workout schedule, sleep, time management, and more--these, if not improved, will work their way into infecting the most solid parts of my daily plan. I've acknowledged this a lot recently--and I'm actually starting to work on these things with an outstanding support contact.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget. I remained refined sugar-free. I met my daily water goal. And I stayed well connected with excellent support.

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. Good for you for sticking to your calorie budget. I'm 63 and have been on every diet/eating plan under the sun. The ONLY thing that has ever worked for me is limiting calories, no matter how you do it, be it points, calories, the old food exchanges, etc. Calories RULE. Good for you, and thanks for your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear about your health improvement and mom's too! What a near thing for her to find she can lose weight with eating more! I can just picture her smile about it. Keep up keeping up Sean!!!!
    N~

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.