Tuesday, January 2, 2018

January 2nd, 2017 Much Better

January 2nd, 2017 Much Better

Visiting mom after dinner wasn't what I hoped to find. After showing signs of improvement this morning, her symptoms were much worse. I had an extensive discussion with the lead nurse but still, I was very alarmed. And mom was scared too. Her symptoms were very similar to the experience of her hospitalization with a UTI and severe sepsis in December 2016. After the conversation with mom's nurse, we decided to call it a night and see how she's doing in the morning. But it was just too bothersome to not do whatever we needed to do to be certain---so that's what we did.

We spent all night at the hospital. Mom underwent a bunch of tests and these tests ruled out sepsis. The biggest find was she's dehydrated, and this coupled with the UTI symptoms was/is ramping up the long list of symptoms alarming us. It was good news. The doctor confirmed that the current treatment for the UTI is correct and working--it's just going to take a little more time.

I'm taking a 1/2 day off work, getting some sleep, and reporting to work later this afternoon for production. Mom is resting much better because we made that hospital trip. I'll rest better, too.

To the outpouring of people expressing thoughts and prayers for mom, I sincerely appreciate you.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with good support.

Today's Accountability Tweets:


Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. Glad things are better. You know how much awareness it takes to get enough water each day. Does your mom have some type of system to know she is getting enough plain water each day? Not coffee, not juice, not pop, but plain water? And I am wondering if she needs to take cranberry pills or 100% real cranberry (Not sugar) juice daily as a preventive measure. And emptying the bladder many times a day every day is important. So a timer or a routine can help with that. (We went thru this with my great grandma, I know how scary it is.)

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.