Monday, January 8, 2018

January 8th, 2018 Spikes

January 8th, 2018 Spikes

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, and I stayed connected with good support.

Mom's prednisone is spiking her blood sugar in fairly dramatic ways. Her illness started with a UTI and progressed into other things--dehydration, an aspiration in the lung, and now, as a side effect of the prednisone, the blood sugar spikes. The nursing staff are on it 100%. My phone rang at 6:30am with an update about the blood sugar issue and the doctor's orders to help combat the problem. They're checking her blood sugar hourly at this point and using insulin injections to help bring down the numbers. Her blood sugar climbed to as high as 598 today. Otherwise, mom is doing well. Other things are going well. Her oxygen level with the oxygen concentrator on five liters has been consistently 90% or higher. The smile in her eyes and her mental clarity remains strong. She doesn't like the injections, of course, but she understands the necessity of the treatment plan.

My workday was tight. In order to leave the studio on time, I had to stay on point and work very efficiently. I get into a zone of sorts, where I'm focused on the task at hand, get it done, then focus on the next task. I enjoyed the Monday night group support conference call and a one on one session immediately after the group--both went very well. By the way--the next session starts January 29th & 30th! If you're interested in joining our team, email me for details: transformation.road@gmail.com 

The visit with mom tonight was a good one. I'm so glad her mental clarity has improved enough to understand what's going on. 

I came home and put together an enjoyable on-plan dinner, caught up on a few things--and now I'm about to call it a night! 

Today's Accountability Tweets:
Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. Hugs to you and your Mum. I've been so busy for a few months and I come back to find you still kicking goals! You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.