Saturday, April 13, 2019

April 13th, 2019 Good Thing

April 13th, 2019 Good Thing

Yesterday was a 5-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support. I gave myself an extra star for the effort required to make it a good day. Yay for extra stars!

Yesterday was one of those days where I needed to stay ahead of the schedule. I'm taking medicine for the sinus situation creating the tooth pain, but still--that pain persisted yesterday. I suppose it takes time to work. If you've ever done your best to smile through pain, that's what I had to do for my morning show and the two-station location broadcast immediately after the show. Fortunately, the mouth pain improved into the afternoon. Good thing, because I was scheduled to call bingo numbers for a local elementary school PTA fundraiser (haven't missed a year in a decade!) and then straight to pick up mom for granddaughter Phoebe's 1st birthday party! It all worked out very well. Thank goodness!
Awe yes, the traditional "messy" cake!



















Phoebe had a great time. She's so beautiful--just adorable!! Watching her reaction to a new kitty cat toy Courtney bought her was absolutely precious. Every time the toy cat meowed, she'd smile big followed by a bunch of hugs and kisses. It was clearly her favorite thing!

The bingo night went well too. They know me so well at Woodlands Elementary. The principal texted me yesterday morning and asked how the dental stuff was going, offering a plan B in case I couldn't make it...he knew because he'd read this blog. One of the teachers shared with me how she and several other teachers have adopted my morning practice of two cups water first in order to "earn" that first cup of coffee. That was a cool surprise. That felt good to know how that daily action inspired them! How well do they know me? The gift basket they presented me says it all! It was a totally unexpected surprise--and it was perfect:














Avocados, apples, bananas, a coffee mug, and a nice card signed by teachers and students!! Awe... it was special! Thank you, Woodlands Elementary!

I've been asked to do the live narration for a cantata at a big church. I'm headed to rehearsal soon. I'm ready for a good Saturday. My morning foundation routine is complete, I'm about to enjoy my breakfast, and I'm visualizing a productive day.

One of the perks of being in radio is getting free tickets to things. I'll be using some free tickets tonight when my grandson Noah and I enjoy the Monster Truck Show. It'll be a surprise for him--he just knows we're hanging out together--he doesn't know what we're doing. That reminds me, I need to buy earplugs!
B-15, in the B row, B-15



















Yesterday's food day was a good one. I took a departure from my usual lunch tostadas, opting instead for a grilled chicken breast, sliced and baked with cheese and black olives, then topped with sour cream. Next time, I'll add some refined sugar-free all-natural enchilada sauce--and it'll be "tortilla-less" chicken enchiladas!



















Oh--I almost forgot. My device decided to stop working yesterday. I use my phone for everything--work and all of the other things I do, so imagine my horror when suddenly it wouldn't take a charge!! Luckily, I was able to find a repair place to change the battery. I was stressed! It was fixed in less than 30-minutes, right before the bingo fundraiser--and all was well. It's funny--one of the things that crossed my mind was the idea of losing my 1,815-day streak on MFP. I quickly calmed that irrational fear by remembering how I could log in from my desktop computer if needed. The whole device thing was one stressor I didn't need yesterday. I'm so glad it worked out because this three-year-old phone is paid for and I don't plan on getting a different one anytime soon.

Before I wrap this edition, a reminder: The next 8-week session of the weekly teleconference and daily private Facebook support group I facilitate starts April 24th. For a wonderful testimonial about this powerful support team, read yesterday's edition of this blog. If you have questions about how it works and how to register, email me: transformation.road@gmail.com We only have two or three available spots for the next session. Will you join us?

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.