Tuesday, April 9, 2019

April 9th, 2019 Pure

April 9th, 2019 Pure

Yesterday was a 5-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, I enjoyed a nice 30-minute walk last night, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

Noah's game last night was wonderful! They didn't win but I don't think most of the team realized the official results. That wasn't their focus. Those kids, my grandson included, were out there enjoying the process of learning a game. The sunshine, the big crowd gathered to watch and cheer, being with their friends--all of these things were clearly in focus and most important. Noah hit the ball, ran the bases, and scored a run--it was a success.

As I'm watching the game, I realized how much we can learn from watching these kids focus on what's bringing them joy. Their innocence is pure. For most of them, I imagine they haven't been exposed to an alternative perspective of results, perfection, and the bottom line on a score sheet.

Too many times, I think we allow the pursuit of results, perfection, and the bottom line to define us, discourage us and hold us back from the joy that's freely available all around us if we choose to open our eyes and allow our perspective to shift positions.

Noah's post-game hugs with his teammates are some of the most adorable things I think I've ever witnessed. Pure joy, pure love.

My walk last night helped me clear my mind and think about some important things. I certainly wasn't exercising for the physical benefits, it was all mental and emotional. A short term goal of mine is to continue having these walks but also start physically moving in the direction of my fitness goals with more intentional workouts.

From Facebook six years ago:
A friend recently reminded me of how important it is to trust the process.  This process is rarely perfect and can sometimes fall short of our expectations in the moment.  When we’re doing everything we know we’re capable of doing and we proceed with confident patience, trusting the process---soon, we’re able to do things we once watched others do. We’re capable of anything and everything we desire.  Stay positive, mind your mindset and trust the process!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.