Wednesday, August 28, 2019

August 28th, 2019 Freedom In That Choice

August 28th, 2019 Freedom In That Choice

Yesterday was a 5-star day: I maintained the integrity of my calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my daily water goal, I enjoyed a great workout on the elliptical, and I stayed well connected with exceptional support.

It felt great to have a day where the plan unfolded as planned. I didn't need to pivot yesterday, not once--and it was so nice!

If you're a longtime reader of this blog, then you know this whole thing is about much more than food and exercise. Doing "the work," to me, means having a willingness to look at things from deeper perspectives. To truly change the code of our patterns, I believe, we must deconstruct the old deeply ingrained mental models and reconstruct them from the ground up. This work, for it to work, requires an importance level turned up all the to eleven.

Breaking away from lifelong patterns is serious business. A casual, half-hearted approach doesn't stand a chance against the decades of experience that have carved grooves in our brain. 

I believe we're on our way to an imaginary line, where suddenly we're not eating less and exercising more solely as a means to lose weight--we're doing it because it's what we do, it's how we live---and suddenly it becomes much less of a burden or deliberate action, it just IS. 

We discover that it doesn't take anything away from the richness of our lives--or the joy we experience, as our struggling thoughts might have convinced us--contrary, it enriches us, empowers us---breaks us free into a new perspective where we realize our greater truth, our truest reality about our relationship with food and exercise.

Like coming out of the dense fog, we clearly see food for what it is, not what our old behaviors and habits tried to make it.

Now, I look at the earlier, deliberate phase as practice for what's ahead--because I know the biggest obstacle to crossing this line and keeping this new perspective are my thoughts, emotions, and spiritual health. These, without question, are the most powerful elements. 

I've discovered, thoughts and emotions can effectively render breakthroughs powerless, pulling us back over the line, as if a gravitational pull exists between our old perspectives and the freedoms we've enjoyed in the new.

At this place we find ourselves in a position where we know the truth, we've experienced the freedom--and we have to decide: Do we surrender? Do we give back all of the power it had over us for years? Do we walk back into our cell and close the door? Or do we stand up, declare our freedom and break free toward progress once again? 

It's a powerful choice we have and our most definitive answer isn't found in what we say or what we know, it's always found in what we do.

It's so much easier to give it all back. 

In that cell, we simply exist--surrounded by the same old behaviors and habits that have consistently given us our reality. It's easy because we don't have to think about anything--we just do whatever--despite the consequences. There's a freedom in that choice.

It's the freedom from personal responsibility--freedom from caring---freedom from the uncertainties of positive change and a deliberate disconnect from the impending and most certain negative changes our inaction fosters. That kind of freedom comes at a much greater cost.

It costs us our health, it cuts short our life, it dramatically decreases the richness/fullness of our existence...and it's so easy to do, effortless to accept because it doesn't require us to change our actions or perspective. 

Our quickest exit from that most expensive form of freedom relies heavily on our self-awareness and honesty about what we're doing and why.

The positive efforts we exert repays us exponentially in ways we haven't even realized until we're there; living, breathing and benefiting from our daily practice of choices. The freedoms we enjoy from the consequences of our efforts far outweigh the freedoms of inaction. 

It honestly comes down to this: What kind of freedoms do we truly want?





My new website shares a phone number with my podcast, Transformation Planet, and it's always available for you! Have a question about anything discussed on this blog or heard on the podcast? Text me! Do you have a question about your own plan practice? Text it! 580-491-2228 I'll text you back!

Do you own an "I'm Choosing Change" wristband? This wristband can serve as a powerful awareness/mindfulness tool! It certainly does for me. I wear mine proudly, daily, and more and more people are joining me in this movement! You can now order yours directly from my new website! Here's the link to the wristbands: Click HERE!

Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Practice, peace, and calm,
Sean

If you're interested in connecting via social media:
I accept friend requests on MyFitnessPal. My daily food logging diary is set to public.
MFP Username: SeanAAnderson
My Twitter: SeanAAnderson
Facebook: www.facebook.com/seananderson505
Instagram: SeanAAnderson
Also--I'd love you to subscribe to my podcast Transformation Planet! You can find it in Apple Podcasts, in the Google Play store for Android, and listed wherever you find your favorite podcasts! If you haven't listened before, you'll find 20 episodes waiting for you!

Questions or comments? Send an email! transformation.road@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.