Saturday, May 20, 2017

May 20th, 2017 Through Another's Lens

May 20th, 2017 Through Another's Lens

Good planning is essential to continued stability within my maintenance plan. Today's schedule put two broadcasts back to back with a thirty-minute separation. This was just enough time for me to opt for an on-plan lunch out instead of a backup food plan from my man-bag. I called the restaurant (my favorite Mexican place) ahead of time and my usual was ready upon arrival. I made it home early evening, grabbed a short refresher nap--and woke in time for some quality time with my grandson Noah before preparing dinner.

We visited with mom tonight at the nursing center. Noah put on a show for his grandma complete with a high energy dance routine. That little man has super amounts of energy!

I'm following some good advice tonight and opting to drop in bed earlier than normal for a Saturday night. This will help keep my Sunday on an even schedule. I've had considerable issues with severely tilting my Sundays of late by staying up excessively late.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I exceeded my water goal, and I stayed connected with good support contacts.

It was a successful day.

Body-image perspective is a very interesting thing. The car dealership where I was broadcasting today posted a video of the activities--and in it, they panned across the showroom floor and there I was interviewing the American Legion representative. Even after being at maintenance weight range for a long time, I still don't fully perceive my body size in line with reality. My brain says I should look a little bigger than I do. I noticed the video and was surprised. I know it's me...and I'm happy and grateful to be in maintenance mode at a healthy weight, but it's still strange to see myself through another's lens. This is a zoomed-in screenshot of that video:
 photo FullSizeRender 31_zpsg60zekhq.jpg

Today's Accountability Tweets:






























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. A few years ago I was walking down the gravel road in front of our house. My husband was arriving home from work as I was walking back towards home so my back was towards him as he drove by. He told me later that he wondered who the new neighbor was. After living with a morbidly obese woman for over 40 years, he didn't recognize me as a normal sized woman. It takes a while for our perception of ourselves after a massive weight loss to change. Your frame is very thin in the still from the video. Hard to grasp that reality--But nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My health coach always reminded me to look at photos of myself at my normal weight so that I could make the switch. Sometimes, I'm still surprised, mostly I can ID with the normal weight me... it's a process.

    Glad you are also processing it. ID-ing with new body size will take you far.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.