Tuesday, July 11, 2017

July 11th, 2017 Will Not Move Me

July 11th, 2017 Will Not Move Me

I titled last night's blog post "Ransom" before I discovered thousands around the globe were calling it the same thing. Discovering the scope of how many people have been affected by this sudden change has helped me get outside of myself--and it's there where I find perspective and gratitude. I'm in a completely better place today. Does it bother me? Yes. But it will not move me any further. I'm resigned to wait a week or so and see how this shakes out. It's been a disastrous move for Photobucket. In the meantime, I've successfully downloaded and secured my entire Photobucket library. The action of downloading the library doesn't return them to their original position in the archives, but at least I have possession.

It was all in the approach, really. Like I mentioned last night, I've financially supported Photobucket in the past through a premium membership at one time and by purchasing canvas prints of photos. I would have gladly gone premium again and continued in a reasonable way. If Photobucket would have given their account holders a 30-day notice that a reasonable fee would be required to continue 3rd party hosting capabilities--they would be flush with cash right now. Instead, they made an announcement days ago with a vague reference to policy changes. The next thing that happened was millions of people noticed their content compromised with the 'pay up and you'll get 'em back' type message. And it came as a double whammy surprise--first, the surprise of content missing--then the $399.00 price tag for the 12-month fix. Now, instead of being flush with cash, some analysts predict they're on the verge of collapse. Anyway-enough of that mess.

I felt some peace about it all today--and that brought strength and clarity to my day.

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with fantastic support.

A friend gave me a gift of steak! (you know who you are--thank you!!!!) I enjoyed a 6oz filet mignon for dinner. I normally do sirloin, top sirloin, or petite sirloin cuts because the calorie value is amazing on those. The calorie count on the filet was higher--but wow, totally worth it!! I grilled it to my liking--medium--and it was probably one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. I'm not sure I'd ever spring for that cut myself--so, I'm super grateful for the gift. It was a very nice meal!

DDWL FlashBack: July 11th, 2016
Meeting Broadway Bill and Touring legendary WCBS-FM



Today's Accountability Tweets:


























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you have your photos back. I was thinking last night about how that was a really bad move for that company and how you could start tweeting about it. Seems there's no reason to do that now. :)

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.