Sunday, July 2, 2017

July 2nd, 2017 I Think It's That

July 2nd, 2017 I Think It's That

Today: I maintained the integrity of my maintenance calorie budget, I remained refined sugar-free, I met my daily water goal, and I stayed well connected with good support.

Today was all about family. I picked up Noah and mom and we made our way to Stillwater to meet up with family for a multi-birthday get-together. The visiting was wonderful!

It was a buffet style restaurant. I've had several buffet trips over the last nearly nine years--and after a buffet visit a year and a half ago, I shared the perspective that helps keep me well.

From December 2015:
I don't cradle the same perspective I once embraced with buffets. I don't like them, really. But I don't fear them. My buffet perspective has evolved over the years. Once upon a time, it was a free for all--How much can I eat? How many entrees can I fit into one meal? Then, when I started losing weight consistently, it changed to a white knuckled perspective/approach--very careful, feeling like I was navigating a culinary minefield and resisting the urge to go too far in any one direction. Today, it's a calm approach. The extra choices ensure I can assemble a great plate within the boundaries of my plan. If it's more challenging it's because there are so many choices and that takes a little extra time to navigate. Instead of pictures on a menu, it's all prepared--it's like the menu comes to life, all hot and (hopefully) fresh, right in front of your eyes and under your nose. I'd much prefer ordering an entree. Most of these type places do not offer that option. And now, to be honest, I much prefer planning, preparing and cooking at home. I like my creations better than most restaurant meals I've ordered. Maybe I'm just not eating at the right restaurants. Or maybe I simply prefer the extra attention, care, certainty, and accomplishment of a well-prepared plate. Yeah, I think it's that.

I'm off tomorrow! I get to sleep in. I'm looking forward to this big time. My goal by this time tomorrow night is to have episode 16 of Transformation Planet released!

Today's Accountability Tweets:




























Thank you for reading and your continued support,
Strength,
Sean

2 comments:

  1. I have friends in NYC who do stand-up. Lots of opportunities. If you come to NY, let us know and we will support you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean this very kindly. And I had to actively change this too.

    I get that your mom is not very mobile. And one of your daughters just had a baby.

    But it seems like your holidays and your family get together are always food centered.

    I think that is one of the things that perpetuates obesity in families.

    Food = family

    Food = love

    Food = holidays

    Food = what we do with time off work/school

    Food = center of everything

    Even with your grandson who is still preschool age, there are a lot of things to do that do not involve food or sitting in a chair (movies).

    Trampoline places, skate places, zoos, children's museums, soft frisbees, pools, biking, walking, etc. There is a lot out there.

    You can put your mom in a wheel chair and do parks and all kinds of things, with the two of them.

    You and your (non new baby) daughter can do all kinds of things. Kayak. Bike. Walk. Zip line. Hike. Swim. Etc.

    Or if food is involved, can eat and then go walk a mile. Or two.

    This whole mindset is a major thing for families where the parent(s) were morbidly obese and the family did not learn to be a normal amount of active.

    We kayaked five hours yesterday with kids age 8-27. And I am 56 and kept up with all of them, in a single kayak. We put the 8 year old in a double with one of the strongest boys and she did great. Five hours.

    Tennis, swimming, boating, biking, water balloons, fishing, ball game, fireworks, walking the dog, zoo, etc are what my kids/family thinks of when they are home. Food is what we get out of the way so we can go have fun.

    I encourage you to do podcast series on what people have learned to do differently in their families. And what those who were obese are doing (differently than their parents and grandparents) to stop the cycle in their families.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. Thank you for your support!






Copyright © 2008-2020 Sean A. Anderson

The Daily Diary of a Winning Loser. All rights reserved.